Chipped TDi Performance

DJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Tigz - it's also worth linking to this - member ArosaPD went from 83 to 112 bhp with a Jabbasport Remap recently smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ArosaPD's Remap Figures

Theres a couple of things I have my doubts about.

First thing is they have a 12bhp transmition loss.

That would suggest to me that they are really over estimating both the before and after figure.

Of course, the car really could be losing 12bhp, but I've not heard of it before on a Lupo or Polo.

So lets say the car had 70bhp to start with, then a hike to 99bhp is still impressive.

I forget who Lynsdey went with now, it looked very impressive when it was done, due to the figures they provided her.

Until the rolling road day, when it was alot less and those rollers seemed well set up.

GTIs were getting 125 and Sports were getting 100,

I'll try to find out who it was.

Edited by Tigz

Could be worth pinning as we get a lot of 'Tuning 1.4 TDi' threads and this one has a lot of good information in it.

I'm still tempted.

Because thats what the manufacturers quote...

yes, but the manufactuers have more than likely dyno'd an engine when it isn't in a car, so they can tell what power it makes, they haven't guestimated transmission losses like they do at RR days.

• 3 weeks later...

re tdi remap...just had a full remap at jabbasport n wow its worth it.was 78,now 106bhp its like driving a different car! middle punch is brilliant.on a local track we timed it 0-60 3 times...first 9.3...second 8.9.....third 9.1 so it also makes a difference off the mark considering it is 12.3 standard. only thing that concerns me is foot full down in high revs you tend to smoke a little(diesel smoke not oil).i guess you put more fuel in ya get more smoke?

yeah same day in about 2 or 3 hours for 425...it makes such a difference.it pulls like a v6 but im only gettin 10 or 20 miles less out of a tank of fuel n thats me booting it hard everywhere at the moment....im sure ill get used to it soon n calm down

Impressive smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Even knocking 10bhp off for over estimation of the rollers, the 28bhp increase is fantastic.

DO you have a print out from the rollers?

Would be nice to see the curve.

i do but i dont have a scanner but i will get one and stick it on.i did actually have a race on the a1 with a lupo gti a couple of days ago...its kinda funny,you pull away from him at 70 mph quiet well untill your turbo runs out then its like your parked

according to the graph infront of me ive now got 105.9 cv which im guessing is bhp and 237.1 nm of torque

it was a black 52 plate gti near peterborough

it was funny to see his face at first as i pulled away from him but his smug face when he caught up with me kinda made me smile

dont tell me you live in peterborough and you have a black gti lol

has anything else been done to this car or just the remap

absolutely standard apart from the remap! having just this is all youll need im sure,itll set u back 425 quids but its small bucks for big increase in performance. you still have to time it just right so that your in the right revs or gear but when it hits the turbo it brings a grin from ear to ear! mines got the gti interior so dont have to touch that.the only thing i want to do now is ditch the 14" and get some nice shiny 15's.

Looking forward to it and thank you!

Welcome to the Club by the way.

thanks

on a local track we timed it 0-60 3 times...first 9.3...second 8.9.....third 9.1

what highly accurate timing gear were u using? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

what highly accurate timing gear were u using? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

me and my mates watch lol so more likely to be anything! would be interesting to see what exactly it would come out as using """accurate timing gear"""