Chipped TDi Performance

DJ

OK its fairly well established around here that chipping the 1.4 TDi is an easy process and is fairly inexpensive for what you get in return.

Roughly chips will give an extra `20-30` bhp and `40-50lbs`/ft on top of VW's figures.

How does this translate into on road performance though as I can't find examples of `0-60` or `50-70` times on chip sites, only power increases.

I take it that with the chip the `0-60` time comes down by a few seconds or not really since the power is all at the top end?

Can anybody who has theirs chipped shed any light please?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aberdeen_dj)

Roughly chips will give an extra `20-30` bhp and `40-50lbs`/ft on top of VW's figures.

Lynsey had hers chipped at the rr day this weekend by Revo.

Think she got a 10bhp rise.

Im sure she'll be around later to conferm...

TBH I was very disappointed with the Revo performance on Lynsey's TDI - if I'd paid for it I'd be very unhappy, and I'd be getting Revo to find out what was going on.

It sounds like there's either a problem with Lynsey's car that doesn't reveal itself at normal boost levels (wastegate/turbo/etc.?) or Revo are full of it. Their performance claims seem to be accurate on 1.8T engines, but maybe they got carried away when estimating the increase on the 1.4TDI...

Revo seem to promise the biggest 'gain' anyway, Superchips and another one I can't remember were only claiming 20bhp opposed to Revo's 30bhp and some I have seen (German ones) promise a total of 115bhp so a gain of 40!

I really am interested to see what happens to the acceleration and top speed though.

i have a superchip `re-map` on mine, on one rolling road i got 112bhp and on another i got 118 bhpso i suppose it does differ between rollers, but i have to say the superchip really has done the trick when it comes to improving performance, i clocked a 7.9 `0-60` on a dry day with possiblr the best launch i will ever make, the `re-map` cost £500 but it has been well worth it IMO.

QUOTE(Tigz)

Think she got a 10bhp rise

*cough* 12bhp actually, if we're being precise RR_Graph_Torque.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

BHP/POWER

RR_Graph_Bhp.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Results that Revo claim:

Revo_torque.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Revo_power.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Hmmm.....spot the difference between mine and theirs :roll: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

OK good feedback there, I did have to smile when I read 7.9 for th `0-60` I almost rang up there and then for the upgrade!

Dissappointed though that Lyndsey didn't get full performance from hers. Does anybody know what the chip does for top speed? Lyndsey, hows does the chip affect your acceleration?

I like the mid range pull of the TDi but always feel it lacking when accelerating from standstill.

QUOTE(Lynsey)
QUOTE(Tigz)

Think she got a 10bhp rise

*cough* 12bhp actually, if we're being precise laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

oops :oops:

Sorry mate.

I said 10 so someone would correct me. Didnt want to go over like Revo do :wink:

anyone thought of jabbasport???

they reckon 75 bhp after remap you can expect between `100-106` bhp. 365 for serial port program and 425 for custom map. they are highly regarded afaik, and certainly from the bug website they were the only tuners who people tended to recommend! :wink:

QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(carter)
i clocked a 7.9 `0-60` on a dry day with possiblr the best launch i will ever make,

How you get the reading?

Is this when you were kicking a GTi's ass? :wink:

ya seem to be mistaking me for gav again,i have never said i could kick a GTi's ass.

the 60 run was done up at elvington last may, they do like track day and sprint runs up there every couple of months, i will find out when they are and could have a club lupo meet upthere.

QUOTE(carter)
ya seem to be mistaking me for gav again,i have never said i could kick a GTi's ass.

Sorry about that bud, must be getting confused :?

QUOTE(carter)
they do like track day and sprint runs up there every couple of months

Whats the track days like?

Do they allow bikes on with cars?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Gutted.

Dont wanna show myself up by taking the car on yet.

Its a shame you couldnt have been to the RR day last wek, would have been good to be able to combine your chip to Revos to see hwich gives the better result.

• 1 year later...