Clutch change.

Hi all. My clutch is deciding to go on me and is on its last legs (Top of the pedal and cant adjust any more)

Can i do it on axle stands as i did one on a alfa romeo (came out the passenger wheel arch) is it as easy as that? :)

Any help and a step by step would be greatly apreciated :) Thanks x

Hi all. My clutch is deciding to go on me and is on its last legs (Top of the pedal and cant adjust any more)

Can i do it on axle stands as i did one on a alfa romeo (came out the passenger wheel arch) is it as easy as that? :)

Any help and a step by step would be greatly apreciated :) Thanks x

It'll be no different to the Alfa really mate.

1) Get the wheels off

2) Undo the drivehsaft hub nut (30 or 32mm?)

3) Take out bottom ball joints

4) Remove hubs

5) Pull gear linkage off splines by undoing 13mm in the middle

6) Take off starter motor (after disconnecting battery)

7) Unbolt driveshafts from gearbox (not necessary, but makes it easier to get the box off and back on

8) Take off bottom gearbox mount

9) Take out all bolts from gearbox

10) Struggle for ages trying to get the box out, then realise you might have to lower the passenger side engine mount, cus space is at a premium down there!

I never took my hubs off :) I don't think any way just removed the shafts from the gear box and tied them out the way.

I definitely agree with the struggling though it took ages to get it back in again.

EDIT: Nope never took them off :) Just adjust the steering so that you can get an EXTREMELY long extension bar on to the torque bolts. Tie them out the way then. Another thing that really helps is if you have an engine lift take off both the top engine mounts. Makes the engine very easy to move as to get the gear box back in again

Edited by Brammo

Yeah hubs do not need to come off. Like I said up there take the drive shafts off at the gear box and tie them up out the way. But do fetch the wheels off to shed some light on the situation :D