drive shaft touching the chassis

yaash16v

hi got a lupo gti iv lowerd it but i wanner go lower but cant because of the drive shaft is touchin the chassis is there any way of getting around this i knw a lot of people cut abit out of the chassis but i dont wanner do that is there another way if some one cud help

thanks

you are deffo looking at a chasis notch no other way that this to ge round the problem, not a huge job if you know what your doing and your good with a welder and metal work but i wouldnt reccomend it if your not so hot with the welder.

hope this is of some help

cheers

rob

Safer than than juggling used smack needles.

Yeah its pretty safe , its just a small section cut out in an arc then welded together and sealed up with , well sealant

You could get your drive shaft bent to avoid it.

...but that would only work for less than 50% of each revolution.

does this work might try it ;)

chassis notch is the best way just make sure its welded properly and use quite thick steel to compensate

hi got a lupo gti iv lowerd it but i wanner go lower but cant because of the drive shaft is touchin the chassis is there any way of getting around this i knw a lot of people cut abit out of the chassis but i dont wanner do that is there another way if some one cud help

thanks

Cutting a piece out of the chassis leg will reduce the strength of it and should you have a front end smash you may well regret having done it due to it being part of the crumple zone.

Anyway if you do take a welder to it just make sure you clear the wax out (VW put this in there to stop them rusting ) and have a fire extinguisher to hand just in case .