1.8t lupo..

red

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed all this!!! f"kin christmas. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />  

theres gonna be a huge race now. 8)

How's the car coming along mate? You got any more pics of the progress smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Are they the 16s you used to have on your Cupra by any chance Bill? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> You can't go wrong with them biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I think Super Ts really suit little cars like the Lupo and Arosa. What else have you got planned for the car?

QUOTE(ArosaMike)
Are they the 16s you used to have on your Cupra by any chance Bill? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> You can't go wrong with them biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I think Super Ts really suit little cars like the Lupo and Arosa. What else have you got planned for the car?

They are my old rims.. one of my sets.. (Mrs B slowly nicking bits off me ibiza - LOL)

Anti roll bars and or a suspension change... want some more roll control and firmer damping.. ATB diffs on order with James @ JBS already, and arch rolling is primed to be done.

Slight ball joint touch on full lock big `on-off` welly on throttle so I need to grind yet more off the ball joints to make space.. and or weld some stiffeners into the Lupo wishbones.. They must be made of cheese or something. :roll: Some sort of deflection going on down there.. Hmmm.

Sounds good biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Are you getting bad tramping then? I think it's quite common if you're over enthusiastic with pulling away! I read somewhere that stiffer bushes will fix it. Apparently it's to do with engine movement as well and I think and the rear engine mounts need to be pre compressed. I'm not sure whether that would apply to you though as I'm guessing you're not using standard ones anyway.

Oh...and a GTI kit would suit the car nicely biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(ArosaMike)

Oh...and a GTI kit would suit the car nicely biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I dont agree, I think the sleeper look is the best plan.

LOL...I can see what you mean biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I think the bottoms of the bumpers need spraying. I think that'd make a big difference wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(ArosaMike)
QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(ArosaMike)

LOL...I can see what you mean biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I think the bottoms of the bumpers need spraying. I think that'd make a big difference wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

lmao Im sorry, I dont meen to do this but I dont agree again :shock:

On some colours (black, silver, dark blue) painted bumpers look great, but for some reason, Light blue, red and green look fantastic with the black under bumpers.

This is just my opinion of course.

QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(ArosaMike)
QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(ArosaMike)

lmao Im sorry, I dont meen to do this but I dont agree again :shock:

On some colours (black, silver, dark blue) painted bumpers look great, but for some reason, Light blue, red and green look fantastic with the black under bumpers.

This is just my opinion of course.

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> NP TBH, I don't think I've seen a blue car with painted bumpers, so you could well be right wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I totally agree with you on the sleeper look. That's why I don't like the look of the Venom car. Great conversion, but it's way to OTT for my liking!

whatever the car...a sleeper 1.8T Luup is always sweet! Love the car man!

Agree With Arvid... The mota will be underestimated whatever kit is on it . I say got for the GTi Look and see if you can find some RED GTi coloured badges for it LOL or even better Keep em guessing with NONE :shock:

Sounds good biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Are you getting bad tramping then? I think it's quite common if you're over enthusiastic with pulling away! I read somewhere that stiffer bushes will fix it. Apparently it's to do with engine movement as well and I think and the rear engine mounts need to be pre compressed. I'm not sure whether that would apply to you though as I'm guessing you're not using standard ones anyway.

Not tramping (well a bit) and it runs Polysport eurothane buses in the dogmount bush already. Sid emount mounts are urethane filled in the voids also..

The balljoint/hub assembly is flexing!!! to touch the disk inside edge. Bearings maybe.. but quite alarming they deflect that much.. over 3mm to touch disk.. Bizarre.

whatever the car...a sleeper 1.8T Luup is always sweet! Love the car man!

Agree With Arvid... The mota will be underestimated whatever kit is on it . I say got for the GTi Look and see if you can find some RED GTi coloured badges for it LOL or even better Keep em guessing with NONE :shock:

all its gained bodywise is a small tailgate spoiler. and thats all it will get I think.

Only badge its had on the back is Lupo one.. never had 1.0 on it.. Do they come with 1.0 badges ever?

Do they come with 1.0 badges ever?

Mine was a 1.4 75bhp standard but also didn't have the 1.4 on the back. I think they will never have put 1.0 on the back, because it had so little power standard :?: :?: :?:

It was painful before.. 50bhp should'nt really be allowed.

Mrs B got used to my 391bhp MK4 Golf so jumping back into her Lupo was never the same afterwards. When Golfy was sold she pined for some performance again.. but does'nt like my ibiza these days with cage, bucket seats, sequential gearshifting dog box etc... and she does'nt like my audi.. DOH!

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Got any pics of the Beeza Bill?

It was painful before.. 50bhp should'nt really be allowed.

Mrs B got used to my 391bhp MK4 Golf so jumping back into her Lupo was never the same afterwards. When Golfy was sold she pined for some performance again.. but does'nt like my ibiza these days with cage, bucket seats, sequential gearshifting dog box etc... and she does'nt like my audi.. DOH!

Women! it gets harder and harder to please them these days. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Good man for making her a rapid street sleeper Bill!

She can now pull into the RH lane @ lights *knowing* she can probably out run most things... and she gets a kick out of it too. Hehe.. at least she's enjoying it. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Got any pics of the Beeza Bill?

yea.. not got that many of it to be honest..

Bill1.JPG

A vid here of it in action at Kames sprint circuit last June in Scotland with CGTi.

Big file 22MB> http://`badger-5`.com/bin/movies/&...adger5`.wmv

(my 1st video attempt ever above^^)

Vids that got sent to me>>

Donington> http://`badger-5`.com/bin/movies/B...ats%20VX220.mpg

http://`badger-5`.com/bin/movies/B...e%20Radical.mpg