how much juice does a gti use?

Dawn

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> getting my gti on jan 27th, wondering what the gti is like on juice(petrol) looked at the vw figures and it doesnt seem alot different from my soon to be gone 1.4 sport (100bhp)

also priced up tyres for the gti, how otfen do you recommend changing them and where i could get the best tyre price???

thanx Dawn :devil:

It does depend on how you drive it, but my 5 speed GTI does the following:

Motorway at `80-ish` I can get about 300 miles from a tank.

Urban I get about 240, though as I live in Devon it isn't truly urban, i.e. I don't spend loads of time in queues.

Costs about £24 to fill with Sainsburys Super.

As for tyres, loads of posts on here about them but try Mytyres and look for 205/45/R15. You get a choice of 2!!

Consumption is similar to the sport so I've heard... about 40MPG combined - certainly nothing to worry about.

Change tyres when they get low on tread - varies with driving smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Go to MyTyres for tyres, £77 for the SP2000 is the best you'll find anywhere although you'll have to get them fitted. (This was mentioned in another thread today).

looked at mytyres, not bad prices my local garage quoted £110 each as they said the tyres are monsters!!, problem would be how to get them fitted (as most garages around here only fit tyres they sell you ???

Why am i only getting `170-190` to a tank then!! I boot it to wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but not all the time biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Al r those rear lights off a arosa?

I was stunned the other day when I got 265 from a tank (apologies to someone who I did not believe at one time on this forum) - and manged 35 miles with the petrol light on :cool: - but not advisable :sarc:

Good luck with the GTI biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

mytyres prices have gone down - £71 for the SP8000 - mine next week if all goes to plan!

Dawn

reckon on 220 - 240 per £20 odd quid. based on combined driving like yer mam and banzi! mode. Fuel light usually come so at 210miles. A good indicator is 60mpg per quarter mark on the fuel gauge. Works for me.

jayson

Due to the milage i do in my car i usually fill up every `2-3` days. Therefore to string it out as long as possible between `fill-ups` i often run with the fuel light on.

Most ive dared do is 30miles but that was at 60mph so was panicking abit.

Gti is 8 gallon tank but even after running with light on can only get 22quid of Optimax in it to the brim.

Worst is about 200miles to tank and best about 235. Reckon since new ive averaged about 39mpg. And i have done 29000miles in the car now in 18 months!!!