Xenon lights... please help

vdubgti

One of my xenon bulbs have gone and VW are quoting me £104 to replace it.

anyone know of any other places where I can find a replacement bulb? also I have no idea on the temperatures or fitments etc that I am looking for, can anyone please shine some light on this?

Thanks.

im not 100% on this but i think thats a pretty good price for them to get it and do all the work. changing a xenon isnt like changing a standard halogen bulb, there is a large amount of electricity running to them to power them up and to save you all the hassle 104 seems pretty good.

I didn't think it was as straight forward as just changing a bulb. If you read everyone else that got em from matey for 45 they didn't fit it themselves it's quite tricky. I would have thought to save you all the hassle and you will get some sort of warranty with the work, ooooh and VW will clean your car for you too lol, have a rally sesh down a muddy track and get ya moneys worth lol. Like I said I'm not 100% and clearly know nothing. I'm a mug and would pay just to save hastle.

£55 to fit a bulb?

Have you tried changing one yourself?

Not exactly much room in there - my hand got cut & scratched to high heaven when I was trying to sort out my indicator and I've only got little hands.

(IIRC, you need to take the bumper off to be able to replace the bulb anyway?)