• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£25 a month? How come?

Because thats what Paul asks for :lol:

Dude, that is some serious work.

Respect to yo my friend.

Cheers dude, it's getting there, yours looks good in the purple paint by the way! wasnt logged in when I looked last night so didnt reply. It's a pain when they take so long but so good when you get a big chunk done and can see a result, I cant wait to get the coloured stuff on mine :D

Wish I had the space to do what your doing (and the doh lol) perfect project mate. Keep up the good work.

Trust me dude, i dont have the cash to do it, pretty much everything you see here is from one or other of the two cars, with a couple of new bits like the door hinges etc and a pair of cheap seats off Ebay!

I've rented this workshop space for about 8 years now.... lots of project cars have been built up in there. If I didnt have the workshop it would be a LOT harder to of done any of them so I wont be letting it go. The rent has only gone up £5 in that time and that was last year!

:)

I got loads done on the Lupo yesterday, had a 7.30am start!

It is now all rubbed down and prepped ready for painting, the doors have been hung and all line up perfectly with a new car feeling shut (now taken off though for the insides to be painted off the car), the wings are on and lined up, the bonnet has been fitted to check alignment with the wings too (then removed).

We also rubbed down all the boot floor, spare wheel well and the area under the rear seats so they can be painted too.

Next week will see the paint going on which Im looking forward to :)

No pictures this week im afraid - I left my camera at my girlfriends house and my phone battery ran out :(

HaHa you guuuyys :lol:

Ok so we got the whole of the inside painted, the engine bay and the insides of both of the doors. I took pictures but didnt realise till I got them on here that the workshop was so full up with paint in the air that they came out all misty :(

I will put up what I have but you will have to wait till next weekend for some better ones! The good thing about that though is that hopefully next weeks pictures should include a painted outside :)

We did a load of work on the body before we got to painting too. I now have rolled arches and every little ding in the body is now gone. The boot is nearly finished after a good beating with the smoothing stick.

LupoProj-171.jpg

LupoProj-172.jpg

You can see the Caddy in this one too - My dad and me got the engine bay painted a few weeks ago!

LupoProj-173.jpg

LupoProj-178.jpg

LupoProj-180.jpg

So on to the colour.... I wanted something to make people look a bit harder / twice. So I went for a very dark brown! i got the finish I was after where it looks black but if you look again it is brown B) I have another colour to add to it yet which again, I will reveal when it is on the body ;)

Again, sorry for the misty pics! I promise better ones when I next go up there.

LupoProj-170.jpg

LupoProj-184.jpg

LupoProj-185.jpg

LupoProj-187.jpg

LupoProj-192.jpg

And the man responsible for the paint and body work (and telling me to work harder!) Chris, snapped while inspecting the finish.

LupoProj-191.jpg

Cheers guys! I cant wait either, Im gutted the pictures didn't come out too good, it does not show anywhere near how good the paint has come out. That will teach me to look at them next time!

On another note, we were surprised when we were working on the car to find that at some point it had been re-sprayed in the original colour but whoever did it had not even rubbed the original paint down :o you could peel the paint off in big strips where it had not stuck to the un prepped paint underneath !

There are some right bodgers out there eh?!

Ok so today I was working on the car by myself as Chris could not make it. I got a lot of rubbing down done on the door shuts, bonnet etc but nothing you would notice on pictures so I will just post up some decent pictures of the paintwork already done. It was the first chance I've had since last weekend to look at the paint and Im well chuffed with it so far :D

Enjoy.

LupoProj-194.jpg

LupoProj-195.jpg

LupoProj-196.jpg

LupoProj-197.jpg

LupoProj-198.jpg

LupoProj-199.jpg

LupoProj-200.jpg

LupoProj-201.jpg

LupoProj-202.jpg

LupoProj-203.jpg

LupoProj-211.jpg

LupoProj-212.jpg

This one shows how the brown shows itself quiet well in some lights!

LupoProj-213.jpg

None of this has been polished yet so it will get even shinier ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

Been well busy at work and not so busy on the Lupo. I have been doing a few hours on it every Sunday but not much you can see :( mainly rubbing down bits ready for paint. Chris went up there the other Saturday by himself while I was working at the Vanfest show and got the roof painted which is looking very good but I didnt get any pictures-Boo!

I took the wheels to Chris to be painted and I think he is trying to get them ready and done to bring tomorrow and from the pictures I've been text they are looking good B) .

I also took my seats to the trimmers at Vanfest and they emailed me to say they are coming along nicely too :D

Anyway, tomorrow we have an early start and are going up there to get the primer on the body so the whole car will be transformed by the end of the day and this time I have my camera so I will update with pictures hopefully tomorrow night!

Watch this space ;)