Which will be cheaper?

Cooke

As the title says guys! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I'm talking about 2nd hand Lupos here, with a budget of about £3500 to buy about an 2000 Sport or equivilant for the money...

Edited by Cooke

Buying a sport will be a lot cheaper. Your likely to get more money for a sport when you come to sell it than a modified S. And there is no point making something that already exists IMO. You do realise that the sports and 'S' cost about the same amount of money to buy don't you.

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

well i was asuming that an S was about £2200+ and a Sport is about £3000+

An 'average' S is A LOT more than £2200. The average on EBAY is MORE than that!

NOCK

wel what does a average X reg S and Sport cost respectivly on ebay then?

Why don't you have a look for yourself? And why do you specifically want an X reg?

NOCK

Do a search, there are lost of differences between the sport and s. A few things to search for are brakes, exhaust (and the different tyre well to allow for it), and I think there is a quite a few differences between the engines to give an extra 25bhp.

There isn't too much difference between the engines I don't think; both 16V for a start...

But the main reason I went for the S was the group 3 insurance, if that isn't an issue definitely go for the sport.

Just the 25bhp. Im sure the size of throttle body and cams are different, and its mapped to run on superplus.

But the main reason I went for the S was the group 3 insurance, if that isn't an issue definitely go for the sport.

Same here, however I have since heard that the 'S is' more comfortable on the motorway than the sport-the sport revs at about 4000 at 70mph apparently whilst the 'S' only uses 3000, so I am glad I went for the 'S' now. Although how true those figures are I don't know.

NOCK

at about4k on a sport your doing about 80mph, but yes did worry me when i have mine reving it that hard

Cool, thanks for clearing that up I thought it was 4K at 70 but I was wrong. I have absolutely no idea what mine does ('S') at 80mph because of speed limits, however if they weren't enforced I would guess about 3.5K revs for 80mph shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

If you don't ever go on the motorway though I can imagine the Sport being bags of fun around town.

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

bah I don't think you'll do too much damage at just under 4000rpm at 70mph in a sport as VW would have been stupid not to test at them speeds, with autobahns and stuff!

But it does get wearing! theres always a drone in the background!

Pete

Sport isnt noisey at 80mph realy. Ive done a few 200 mile trips in mine and was fine. Surspension on them is pretty harsh, but less rolly than the 1.4s

Sport isnt noisey at 80mph realy. Ive done a few 200 mile trips in mine and was fine. Surspension on them is pretty harsh, but less rolly than the 1.4s

Sheldon I have a feeling that the springs on a sport and 1.4s are identical, only the ARB is slightly thicker

Sheldon I have a feeling that the springs on a sport and 1.4s are identical, only the ARB is slightly thicker

Pete, the other day someone said that a sport is lower than an S as standard, is that true? Because if the springs are the same and it is only the anti roll bar that is different, they must sit at the same height right?

NOCK

For a fact the sport is ALOT lower than the TDI, and im sure the 1.4s is high like the tdi. Im sure someone will back me up soon

I'm not sure, my 1.4s isn't too high and although I've never seen a sport side by side with it, a guy I knew had one and I don't remember it looking any lower. There might be like 20mm's in it or something - not something you would notice unless you were really looking for it I would have thought.