'rosa gets parts

one litre wonder ;)

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> well seeing as i have hardly updated on anything , thought i would give you lot a wee heads up just incase the parts go on yours as well

little 'rosa the rollerskate needs a wheel bearing ( shot to buggery) , wheel hub ( stripped threading on one bolt hole ) new brake pads and discs ( there glazed )

anyway i thought that while i was changing the wheel bearing , i would more than likely need to take off the hub aswell and it shot to hell as well cause as some of the longer serving members may remember that i had the garage and they over tightend a nut and stripped the threading . So i thought i might as well kill two birds with one stone , and both parts are on the passenger side . That as well as my brakes are glazed and i am having to take the caliper and disc off i might as well change the gubbed discs while there off .

anyone know if i need a press to get the front wheel bearing in ??

just OE , i decided to hold off on getting the bearing kit at the mo and getting it booked into a garage to have it checked over just to make sure its that , other than that i have a shiney new hub and set of brake discs in my room

Personally if replaceing hubs etc i would have replaced them with lupo 16v/tdi ones so you would actually have some decent brakes rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

good luck with it anyway

wayne

your thinking of the wheel bearing and hub carrier mate ( the bit the strut bolts on to , and the wishbone and the stearing rack

i'm replacing just the join where the wheel bolts on to and it recieves the driveshaft

wayne this is the part of the hub i am replacing as the threading is stripped on one of the bolt holes

hub1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

hub2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Did you get the hub from SEAT? and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Are you replacing the bearing at the same time? ive heard these can come to bits when replacing the hub.

I think i need a new hub as its distorted so help would be good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

the hub was about £40ish quid from Euro Car Parts , SEAT wanted £52.something then vat ontop

the bearing kits are £32.52 or something like that + vat from both of them

the hub was about £40ish quid from Euro Car Parts , SEAT wanted £52.something then vat ontop

the bearing kits are £32.52 or something like that + vat from both of them

Ok cheers for the info biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Chris

wayne this is the part of the hub i am replacing

hub1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

yeah i clicked onto what you you meant after you said its just ill use anything as an excuse to change something like my discs are wearing out (but the pads are like new blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ) so im gonna change the hubs, calipers, pads and then the discs laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

wayne

well some good news , took it into the garage this morning and they are saying that they took it for a drive ( i checked the milage before and after and it has racked up 20miles ) and they said that they cant seem to get it to make the noise , but its not the bearing as it would do it all the time and then said it was more than likely my brake discs had warped cause they were getting thinner and they were glazed . so i spent this afternoon ( an hour ) changing my discs and pads so we shall see how we go

oh and its in again on thursday to get the hub changed biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />