engine problem (update)

cardaft

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a brand new engine, so it will be like a new car again smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think i will be keeping it now

is it a good idea to get the seat garage to list in the service book that it has had a new engine at 25,000 miles or would that put people off when i want to sell it?

I wouldnt be put off by a replacmenrt engine mate!

It should be wth your history hough yes.

Just dont forget not to hammer it for a few thousend miles smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hmmm there is no metion of any work being carried out on the engine in the service book, and if i was lookin to buy a car i would stay clear of any with a replacement engine, so im not sure if i want it recorded or not!

How many recommended miles is the run-in period?

For the engine to be run in on my mums arosa 1.4s i was told about 4000-5000 miles before you can start booting it up and down a dragstrip without doing much damage but i know most people dont listen and sell the car after 30,000 miles so it wont be there problem

What you wanna do is insist on contributing toward the repairs. If you contribribute anything (even 1p, i'd recommend £2 or so) they have to supply the engine with a warranty for at least a year, that way your engine has warranty till july not april next year.

I work in a dealrship, and they have to accept your contribution and the plan works!

When it goes in for the 1,000 miles service they are going to spray it, so its not realy a problem.

When i open the drivers side door the interior light does not come on, but if the passenger door is opened it does. And when i unlock it and get in it locks its self again. Does anyone know where the switch is that operates the interior light when the door is opened because it seems hidden, and this may be the problem?

I dont think there is a switch bh mate.

I think its just a connection on the doors stricker plate.

I'll take a look to conferm though.

Had a look.

Theres no push switch, so it much be the clasp and stricker plate that turns the light on.

Edited by Tigz

What do u think i should do then?

Should i take it back to seat

It locked my keys in earlier cos it doesnt know the door has been opened so it locks automatically again, and the light on warning buzzer dont work either.

Cheers for the advice, ill have a run through tomorrow again and get them to book it in.

I did get them to put the new engine replacement in the service book, not sure if i should have done but anyway.

mines never does anything like that and i constantly switch it on and off even if i only jump out to get summit from the boot.(mainly cause i need the key to open the boot sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ) and i get like 2225-250 miles froma tank of fuel or there abouts. so summit is definately up! agree with wat these guys are saying u should be getting new engine!

new engine is brill good as new and im getting 275 miles from a tank smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...
mines never does anything like that and i constantly switch it on and off even if i only jump out to get summit from the boot.(mainly cause i need the key to open the boot sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ) and i get like 2225-250 miles froma tank of fuel or there abouts. so summit is definately up! agree with wat these guys are saying you should be getting new engine!

new engine is brill good as new and im getting 275 miles from a tank smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look mate at the end of the day its a new engine.

you wouldnt find any 1 complaining to me about a new engine coz i would get it as fast as posible. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

03 Arosa 1.0S. The engine does NOT rock under any circumstance when viewed with the bonnet open. Reved, idling, hot or cold, restarted or anything else.

There is a tick tick from the rotation of the cam lobes and a bit of normal mechanical noise, some from the belt/alternater thats it (apart from the clutch release bearing)

I would supsect that if you are not running on 4 cylinders that the sound would be a bit more like bump bump bump or thud thud thud and the car would lack smoothness and hesitate when pulling off from a standstill.

Interestingly there was a problem with the pre year 2000 1.0 MPI engines. The engines could suffer excessive oil consumption. This problem was supposedly solved in 2000 with a partial engine redesign.

How can Seat justify £3000 for a new engine when the whole car only cost £6000-£6500 ?????

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update,

Car is running fine now, does 57 MPG easy and alot nippier than before. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Its now had the front bumper repainted as it was scratched when the new engine was fitted, had the loan of a new altea diesel, very nice! swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" />

Extremly happy with the car now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />