Window fail

Jimmie77

Hi

Im trying to search for a good answer here but cant find.

My passenger side window is stuck. it clicks on both up and down but does nothing.

I saw something in the forum about clips that could be broken or to grease parts to get it moving again. But when i removed all the stuff and peek inside i dont know where to start.

So if anyone have good explaination or so i would be gratefull.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to butter it upp by inserting a ton of 5-56. well that didnt do any good. i guess i have to remove the stuff. But im a Little concerned. Feels like it is a pain in the ass to get all the parts back together. Anyone know of any good "how to" page or so? is it possible to ge he window down a bit so i can get a better view of things?

Most excellent guide! And i now see why the so called "clips" might be the thing stuck. (saw some talk of this being the fault).

BUT i Think you should have a final Point to your guide: If things got totally to hell, use a X.X inch board to hold the window haha. That is what will use if i cant get it to work and need new parts or suck =)

• 2 weeks later...

A Little follow up and Q. I followed your guide and it was great. I didnt remove the hole thing because it got operational once i loosened it up and removed the outer clip. So now its working, though its a bit sluggish the last half on the way up. BUT when i going from low to high it stops half way up and reverse down again, and stops right Before bottom and then when i take it up again it stops half way up and i have to push it again. And the window that worked Before goes down on one push and this one does not. (passenger door). i tried your reset thing but it doesnt seem to work.

One thing that might explain it would be that the driver side part with 2 buttons burned and melted some time ago and i replaced one of the buttons. Problem was that i couldnt see where the Cables was suppose to go because it was burned. However it was not on the button leading to the passenger side window but the driver window, and i got that working.

Anyway any idea?

Thanx again for the awsome guide