Stereo wiring?

Alright guys.

Looking for a little bit of help, fitting an after market stereo and having a bit of trouble.

The stereo comes on as soon as it's plugged in (all the lights on it are on but you can't actually turn it on to use it).

When you turn the ignition on it then turns on fully but when you take the key back out the light all stay on (i've tried leaving it 5 minutes or so but they do not go off!)

I've tested the stereo in another car and it doesn't do this.

Here's a picture of the wiring diagram on the top of the stereo:

2014-04-30210442_zps275fc095.jpg

And here's the wires on the power plug:

2014-04-30210942_zpsf07267f3.jpg

Can anyone tell me which i need to switch around?

Thanks.

Usually you have to switch the Red and Yellow wires but the colours can vary greatly. If that's a standard ISO connector, and it doesn't look like it is, it would be the black/red/orange cable and the thick red cable you need to swap, but that doesn't look right to me at all, so I wouldn't do that.

Nat, buy a pc2-69-4 wiring harness. Fit, enjoy. They're a few quid off eBay.

One of these?

2014-05-01094930_zps7551faf2.jpg

I've tested with this harness, it does the same thing :/

If the rule of swapping red and yellow stands though, that would mean i'd need to swtich the thick red and red/brown right?

I can't tell from that photo. The harness I mentioned is VW specific and is literally plug and play in a Lupo. I bought one four or five years ago on my previous Lupo and I still use it today.

I personally wouldn't touch the OEM harness.if you're going to mess about, get some bullets and look at the red and yellow on the aftermarket loom, possibly orange to. I have a feeling the reason you're getting the disco light effect is because the illumi wire is getting a constant live. That said it might be just the red and yellow, just doesn't make sense to me it being only that. Still, please don't butcher the OEM harness.

some of the looms didn't have a switching live, my mk1 arosa never had but my gti does. Get your multi meter out and check. As others have said don't cut the loom