Wheels

Aaron_Joy

Because it's hard going finding steel wheels from and arosa or lupo local to me. Also why do people put Porsche rims and aftermarket wheels on their lupo/arosas? To be different ;)

I've also found that corsa steels are a lot cheaper as there are more on the market

Edited by Aaron_Joy

Because it's hard going finding steel wheels from and arosa or lupo local to me. Also why do people put Porsche rims and aftermarket wheels on their lupo/arosas? To be different ;)

I've also found that corsa steels are a lot cheaper as there are more on the market

Really? How much? There's a guy near me selling salvage steels that he pulls off Lupo's/Arosa's/Polo's for just £10 with a tyre. The tyre of course isn't guaranteed to be legal, they could be completely bald, so that's pot luck, however I bought one off him last year which had a Michelin on with probably less than a thousand miles of use!!

Edited by Skezza

I might have to take a trip to stoke on Trent haha! I'd love a set of 15 inch steels.

Just called up my local breakers, most don't have any steels, the ones that do have steels are off a polo and 14inch and they're wanting 150 for a full set of 4 and 80 without tyres.

Edited by Aaron_Joy

I might have to take a trip to stoke on Trent haha! I'd love a set of 15 inch steels.

Just called up my local breakers, most don't have any steels, the ones that do have steels are off a polo and 14inch and they're wanting 150 for a full set of 4 and 80 without tyres.

Four Steels for £150 are they stupid or having a joke? If it's a joke it isn't very funny. You could get a set of alloys with tyres for that. I can only assume they're really desperate to keep them, because nobody in their right mind would sell them for that price. There's steels on eBay for £20 with a tyre, and I never recommend buying parts on eBay because they're always overpriced.

Alternatively:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steel-wheels-and-tyres-175-65-R13-4x100-Lupo-Polo-Corsa-Arosa-Clio-/221377855751?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item338b260107

Well yes and no. Both sets are real wheels. :yes:

The original G60 steels had round holes like the second link. When they became obsolete, they apparently put a redirect on the catalogue to Passat steel of the same measurement.

So whilst both are classed as G60 steels on the VW catalogue, only one set are original as fitted.

Why not take your stock wheels, rub them down and give them a coat of paint? Get a few spray cans, even cheap ones. You'd be surprised how nice the standard Lupo steels look with silver, white or any colour but black really...

You could even hammerite them. Hammerite looks great on wheels in my opinion, but you need to do it properly. It's worth rubbing the top coat with some fine grit paper.

I have the standard arosa alloys which I'm not a fan of, I've found a set of 13 inch lupo steels local to me on gumtree but the ad was posted 16 days ago, I've messaged them

But when you say hammerite do you mean the spray hammerite or the tinned stuff?

Edited by Aaron_Joy

Ray, I love the idea of plasti dip but its just far too dear. A can of ordinary spray is about 3-4 quid delivered. Plasti-dip is £11 a can and that's not including delivery.

Shame because i do think I'd plasti dip my alloys which are in need of a tidy up. If only it was more affordable.