Lowering

Louisa

Hey, just got a lupo and I was wondering about lowering it. What's better springs or coilovers? And how much would it be for second hand ones.. Also, how low should I drop it? I don't want to be ridiculously low but I want it to be noticeable! Thanks guys!

Louisa! X

Looks or performance?

If you want out and out performance, go for a good motorsport set up from Bilstein or the like, or quality coilovers also with a pedigree KW etc.

If however you are just wanting it for looks, get a set of budget coilovers. Whilst at first you think a 40mm\50mm\60mm drop is cool, after a while you will most likely want to earn more scene points by going lower. By buying coilovers, you can do this.

http://www.jomcoilovers.co.uk/coilovers.php?car=23823

springs are the cheapest option i ment you could pick a full set up for say 60£ ish coilovers i prefer as its adjustable and obviously once you go low, you want it lower and the last thing you want to do if you bought springs is think there too low or too high, second hand coilovers you could probley get for under a £100 for a bargin its just a case of being patient

Why spend £100 on second hand when you can buy new for £179.

As for how low to drop it; what are the roads like for speed bumps around you? Also what is your drive and local car park access like?

Best bet is go for coilovers drop it about 60mm and test the water.