lupo rear windows

StevenMarshall

evening!

my lupo has rear windows that do not open.. i have recently bought windows that do open.. dont know if iv explained that properly..

anyway i was wondering if any one had actually changed them before ?? if so what was needed to do and was it hard to do?

thanks in advance!

Have a look in the "How To" section - good feature in there about doing the change - about to fit mine if it ever stops raining!

Have a look in the "How To" section - good feature in there about doing the change - about to fit mine if it ever stops raining!

You doing same mate ? iv just fitted stubby mirrors and bough audi pepperpots to try on.. sorry im new to this forum.. i couldnt see the window topic in the how to section.

true enough cant get a good wash on the car in this weather!

First off check if you have the mounting bolts. Open the door and pull back the rubber seal between the rear window and the B pillar. if they are there fine, if not you will need to get some holes drilled and appropriate sized "rivnuts" put in.

Cut out the old glass, clean the "gunk off" (probably the hardest part), clean, surrounding area, fit rubber seals, mount and align window, tighten.

its not rivnuts, it's clinch nuts. fairly expensive to buy the kit to do that so best if you can find someone local that has the kit and give them a couple of quid for the clinchnuts and you need the C pillar trim as you wont be able to close the window properly but i have a full kit that i'm selling.

rivnuts / clinch nuts same boy as far as I'm concerned both do the same thing and the fixing tool is the same. yes I've got one but unless you're on your holidays, I'm a bit too far away for you. most vw's came with them from the factory anyway. geoff

• 1 year later...