Engine rattling noise and very squeaky clutch! (I'm baffled!)

Alrighty! My little Arosa 1.0 s is confusing me :(

1st of all the engine rattles around about 2,000-3,500 revs it's a really awkward noise. And it doesn't come from full throttle either, it is there whether I let the revs build up gradually or giving it some. (Which I rarely do). ;) btw it is not the heat shields as I've checked them all!

2nd issue is my clutch is very squeaky when it's pressed and de pressed. I've been chasing the clutch cable and lubed up any dust covers where it may become exposed to general shite! :)

Any suggestions would be very aprichiated!

Cheers. Testa Arosa:)

I'd vote pedal box too, more of a creak than a squeak though.

Hi rich, yeah it's definantly more of a creak than a squeak :) is there anyway of predicting how much life is left in it? Or is it a case of getting a new one before it goes pop?

Cheers. Testa Arosa :)

Just went for a nice blast, about 30 mins drive. All the symptoms are there (crunchy into reverse gear, difficult 5th gear and that blummin' creak!)

I'm styduing heavy vehicle repair and maintenance at college, I've carried out a service on my car at the workshop there. I'll ask my tutor if I can bring it in to see how it comes out etc. might even let me weld it in my basic fitting class!

Cheers for the help guys :)

Testa Arosa :)

Edited by Testa Arosa