Engine mount question on the Tdi.

I would like to replace the mounts myself. Iv'e seen a few youtube videos and think I can take on the task haha.

Does anybody know where the engine/transmission mounts are located on the tdi?

My car is shaking at idle and is getting slowly worse.

there are three, one on the leftside of the engine bay (the obvious one), one underneath the battery tray (the gearbox mount) and one between the back of the engine and the crossmember (sometimes called the dogbone mount). quite easy to do yourself

there are three, one on the leftside of the engine bay (the obvious one), one underneath the battery tray (the gearbox mount) and one between the back of the engine and the crossmember (sometimes called the dogbone mount). quite easy to do yourself

Thanks for that, mate. Do you have any idea where to get the mounts? Iv'e had a look on ebay and cant find them

Kinda.

You can use the engine side yes, the gearbox side is specific but is only £35 on ebay & the dogbone one will benefit from you just fitting a polybush into the original.

If you speak to Al at Awesome GTI he will tell you which bush you need for the dogbone.

Kinda.

You can use the engine side yes, the gearbox side is specific but is only £35 on ebay & the dogbone one will benefit from you just fitting a polybush into the original.

If you speak to Al at Awesome GTI he will tell you which bush you need for the dogbone.

That is great. I cannot find the mounts on ebay. Is it as easy as typing 'transmission mounts arosa tdi'

I'll contact him now.