max's vx220 = flying banana / jcb

Loopy Lupo

Pretty good. It'll never be luxury but its slightly quieter and above all, I think it looks loads better than the soft top.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having lived with my softtop through the winter and found it precisely no hardship at all, I can't imagine having a hard-top - I loved being able to rip the roof off on the occasional sunny day.

knowing how hopeless the heater is in this weather i don't see the top coming off anywhere near as much as the S2000 durring the winter. It looks good though Max smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah but, im just soft. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Small plates from gt grafix, got mine next day for around £30 (front and back)

Yes it does need lowering! Eibach do some springs that'll drop it 25mm for £180. Heard mixed reports though so im waiting a bit for a more definate 'yes, they work well'. Coilys are just a mere dream, a shade more expensive than the lupos.

Never understood hard tops. Why buy a softtop then fit a hardtop to it? Not only is it £700 that could be better spent on some Nitrons or 2/3'rds of some Ohlins, but I don't see the "benefit" of them.

Security? Even with hard top it wont stop anyone.

Noise? Hell, I'm trying trying to make mine louder, and a HT won't really help much .As you can see, I'm not a fan of them tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

And lowering springs?? Ack!! Nitrons (£700~) are the best way, Ohlins if your seriously minted (£1200 just for the kit). Not sure what other options you got in terms of VXR setups, but I'd DEFINATELY avoid a spring only upgrade...

Looks nice tho, can't miss it, thats for sure !

Yeah, I know what you mean, thats whats been putting me off springs. Its just that coilies are super expensive. Usually i'd fit them myself but on a car like this id rather get it done properly, then you need it properly set up including a geo set up for the icing on the cake. Your then talking the best part of 2k....thats supercharger fund. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

oh, and hard tops, I think they're £1800 from vauxhall surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

If it didnt come with one I certainly wouldnt be getting one, despite being a ponce.

• 4 weeks later...

Added a few more things to the car now. First up a shiny new Janspeed backbox. The rest of the system will be on soon and coupled with a remap I should see some nice power gains. The Janspeed sounds just perfect, doesnt annoy even on long journeys, just loud enough to notice its there, and it pops a lot. exhaust_off.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

compare_exhausts.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I was going to leave the sounds until the end, but then Digital Designs bought out their latest components so I had to have some! As far as im aware, im the first in the country to have them. They sound quite bright, which may not be to everyones taste, but they never get too much. They dont offer much bass, they werent designed to, they just do mid range very well. The best price- around £100 a set- fantastic value for what you get.

speaker_out.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

speaker_in.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

amp.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Zero gauge cabling was a bit of an overkill, but thats all I had left over from the lupo- not the nicest stuff to try and route through the car.

Edited by Max

The pipes are the same size as standard, 76mm I think.

The front brake pads were a peice of piss to change, the back ones proved a bit more tricky though. Found the mintex 1144's a great improvement over standard, still not brilliant though. What have you gone for snoop?

Them mids look just like my Rockfords.

Wanna buy 'em? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Seriously though, look great for the price, couple of XXX mids would finish it off nicely though tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Not gonna put any of that RE scum in my car im afraid Andy. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It does need a sub though, dont wanna rush that though, its gotta look and sound spot on.

I can take a couple of short films on the digital camera over the weekend if someone can host it for me?

cheers, if it stops raining long enough at the weekend i'll get my camera skills on the go.

• 1 month later...

Got bored at the weekend and decided to paint my calipers and cleaned my arches. Amazing that the only yellow hammerite was spot on match! Yeah, sorry, pretty boring to look at but I thought I'd post it anyway!

brakes_and_arch.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

brakes_wheel_on.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Looks crap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bit like your face then. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />