1.4 16v sport (100bhp) will no longer start, no codes could do with advice

okay my lupo was running fine and its due an mot so ive done a quick service oil and filter change and new plugs but havent got any further because when i went to start it to circulate the new oil it just wont start, it will go to fire up but cuts out straight away, ive been looking at it with a mate who is a mechanic and has ben for over 20 years and he put it down to the coil pack which did need replacing as it was all corroding and cracked, put the new one on today and its still the same goes to start but cuts out, ive checked all the fuses included the ones on the battery and there all fine hooked it up to a code reader and first time a couple of codes came up but they were due to testing all the plugs and other things and trying to start it with them still disconnected but after erasing them all and doing another scan no codes are comeing up and its getting really confusing now as we cant quite figure it out and due to work havent had much chance to have a good few hours going over everything, and it does have fuel in it ive not overlooked that haha

from what ive said if youve managed to follow it dos anybody have any suggestions or been through this themselves that might know what the problem is, it would help a lot if i knew a few things that it could definately be and go staright to checking them instead of blindly checking everything that it 'could' be

any help would be much appreciated :)

forgot to mention although it did run fine i had it in the bodyshop where i worked to do a repair on it and while it was there the battery went flat and we had no charger so we bumped it and got it going but it had no throttle so after a few minutes of running i killed it and restarted it and the throttle had returned and it has done it again since when i have had to charge the battery without bumping it, i just put it down to the battery being flat so wasnt registering it or something but now im wondering if its linked to why it wont start? any opinions on that? like i said hopefully tomorrow we will be spending a good part of the day trying to sort it jst looking for some advice first

it cranks and for a second fires up but will cut out straight away it is really trying to start because it kicks in quite powerful but is cut out for some reason and the car shudders wile the engine winds down again

if it fires then cuts out, it's more than likely something to do with the immobiliser. Do you have another key you can try it with?

sorry for the late reply i havent been on for a few days, still havent figured it out i have tried the spare key but that hasnt worked either, ive had a mechanic check over it for me and up to now have found anything that could definately be it as he can only help me out when hes free which isnt that often and not for very long when he can, up to now replaced the coil pack as it was corroded and cracked all the way around cleaned up the ht leads as they werent too bad, changed plugs, tested for codes and only 2 came up while testing everything to do with throttle pedal position circuit a and b one low input one high input, on the freezeframe the coolant level is apparently -40 f so coolant tempt sensor will be getting replaced, we think it could be the crankshaft position sensor but still need to find it to it to test it, and i also noticed yesterday the brake lights werent working so that switch has gone, ive heard a couple of people say the brake light switch failing caused the car not to start is that true? i could imagine it could be as it would be dangerous driving without them so the car wont allow you to even start it? no more codes have come up since