My Standard Lupo 1.4S

stator

Hi Everyone,

I'll introduce my little Lupo, I've had him just over a month. I'm finding this forum really useful, loads of great information has helped me a few times already

Lupo S 1.4 16V 2001 Automatic in Flash Red (LP3G)

I got him with a FSH and 44k on the clock.

He used to be a motability car so I think he's in good condition, apart from a few paintwork issues.

Paid £1500 but he didn't have any tax.

I think the colour looks quite good for a 12 year old red car:

front.jpg

Although I had to respray one wing mirror because it had faded to maroon. The Halfords Flash Red actually matches very well:

left.jpg

The next job is to respray the bumper, which has faded to pink!

back.jpg

He has a few nasty scratches. I'm not really sure what to do about these, I guess I will dremmel any rust away and then spray that small area, though it will look crap.

scratches.jpg

This big one on the bonnet isn't deep (can't feel it with finger), but not sure which T-Cut to use, there are lots of variants

scratch.jpg

And one final question, what is this sticky out bit behind the steering wheel? :confused:

whatisthis.jpg

I'm not planning on doing anything to him, just try and tidy up the paintwork if I can without making it look worse :)

Got a JVC DAB radio but sticking with the stock speakers because they aren't bad, much better than the old ripspeed ones in my old car.

Thanks all :thumbup:

Edited by stator

The halfords flash red has worked really well! They do a flash red paint pen & primer pen set for something like £8.50 for the little chips, i'm going to buy it for my arosa at some point. The one I found is labelled under Seat flash red, not sure if they have it labelled under VW Flash red or not.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_222693_langId_-1_categoryId_165580#tab1

Here, worth a try for the little scratches/chips.

Edited by Elz8462

The lever adjusts the rake of the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

Thanks, it didn't seem to move before I knew what it was, so didn't want to force it incase it did this:

I don't think it had ever been used because it took a lot of force to pull it down. Now I can have the steering wheel in my lap :shifty:

Elz I might get one of those pen things but all my previous cars have looked awful when I've used them. I think once I start taking the rust off the holes will get a lot bigger and I will probably end up spraying, though that will probably look awful too. Not sure if spraying the whole wing panel would look better or worse than having a patch :confused: