Hydraulic clutch conversion ?

HEY HEY :) does anyone know if i can convert my girlfriends mechanical clutch to hydraulic from a later polo or a2 ect as the gearboxes are stronger and the clutches are much lighter ? im a mechanic so i really don't need smart arses that dont know anything replying im after genuine advise as my girlfriends box is about to die and the pedal box has already split and has been temp repaired. i know i would need the box, clutch, pedal box, master cylinder assembly ect and cables from a polo ? any genuine advise would be much appreciated. many thanks

evan

I'm a smart arse who knows everything. :ninja:

The issue isn't the hydraulic clutch, that's easy, you're a mechanic work it out.

The issue is which gearbox are you going to stick on the engnine when you have done all this work?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

im pretty sure you will need to sort out engine mount, its not a straight fit :)

but is possible.

Find a box then James, a link to something which will work.

we had an Audi A2 engine rig in college, same as polo, lupo 1.4 engine, and it had a hydro clutch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A2-1-4L-16V-PETROL-5-SPEED-MANUAL-GEARBOX-CODE-GD-TL-023-52300MILEAGE-/330970681980?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3AA2%7CCars+Type%3A1.4&hash=item4d0f63d27c

im guessing it wont fit as you said nothing will ..

i dont know?

I can't comment on if the box will fit ect but you could get the pedal box an clutch cylinder and lines from a Lupo gti or a tdi as they were hydraulic.

If it were me tho I would just replace the box clutch, cable and pedal box, far cheaper, simpler and the clutch would be more than light enough at the end of it.

The gear boxes can be had for as little as 50 quid if you look around, plus the work involved far out weighs the gain you would get converting to hydro IMO.

I can't comment on if the box will fit ect but you could get the pedal box an clutch cylinder and lines from a Lupo gti or a tdi as they were hydraulic.

If it were me tho I would just replace the box clutch, cable and pedal box, far cheaper, simpler and the clutch would be more than light enough at the end of it.

The gear boxes can be had for as little as 50 quid if you look around, plus the work involved far out weighs the gain you would get converting to hydro IMO.

James: No.

Kid: Yes.