Engine management light

LynseyLou

UPDATE ..... shut the door removed barrel and screwdriver works the doorpull up and down

Its as though the paddle isn't reaching the slot .....

I think it is the the brass coloured locking wing it had an hairline crack and now snapped this must be preventing the paddle from working correctly ....that's two broke from the same seller

Edited by LynseyLou

Yup, the old fashioned screwdriver test is a good one. Alternatively as I said, just using your anti-hijack button if you have central locking :)

Now you know your mech is working, you need a better barrel, did you buy this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PASSAT-LUPO-AROSA-LEON-TOLEDO-DOOR-LOCK-CYLINDER-REPAIR-KIT-FRONT-RIGHT-LEFT-/230942907645?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ALupo&hash=item35c5451cfd

?

Looks pretty cheap. If you already have the lock barrel you could go for something like that.

http://partscats.com/volkswagen/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=vw&number=1865&set=1867&ein=2000&f=231&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=8&grf=083700221&bf=83700&hgug=837&ug=37&parent_id=1215513

part 28 is what I'm thinking. At the side of your door is has a bolt, when you turn that the brass thing turns, and it needs ot be in a certain position.

I remember it was very stressful and snapped it, so need a new one. I remember that night as I threw it and the bloody thing came back into my leg, doh!

all done ...had to improvise

Done away with the spring as it was causing the whole thing to spin on the paddle ( too much tension ) hence it not working

used a circlip and done away with the locking ring too .....

All works fine now can live without the key springing back to centre position ....... nightmare job finished

Key doesn't spring back to middle but hey I can live with it :D and the circlip I used is better than the stupid cheap rings in the kit ..... much stronger ....at least the car locks that's the main thing ....

Thanks to all who helped

Edited by LynseyLou