Alloys

xmiss_vwx

Ive seen some bbs RA 14's i want to put on my lupo but my current alloys are 185/55/14 but the wheels on the bbs are 225/55/14 my lupos lowered 100mm on frount just wondering if im

Looking at problems with the wider wheels, also does anyone know if my tyres are likely to fit on over streched? Or any ideas what sizes are going to be possible to fit on. Im prepared for sarky answers so ill take them on the chin. Thanks for reading guys appreciate any decent answers

• Like 1

According to this...

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

There would be a 44mm increase in wheel diameter, which would effectively change the gearing and the speedo would need to be calibrated. A 225 section tyre is a bit excessive for a lupo? What engine do you have?

Edited by harreeeee

I'm pretty sure that 225/55r14 tyres don't even exist!

I've no idea about tyre stretch as I like to be able to go round corners without my tyres falling off! IIRC, BBS RA's are 6x14, so maybe a 165/50r14 for a little bit of 'safe' stretch?

The 185/55r14's you have would be ideal, I think VW would have used a 185/60r14 from the factory on those...

Got wheels today, the listing was a mistake!! Was soo releaved to see they had 185/55's!! Thank foook, they fit and look lush, only problem is the rear drivers side is making a weired knocking grinding noise? Theres plenty of clearance and is even doing it without the wheel on? Never done if before any suggestions?!