Passenger side central locking

Hi all, my car has a road central locking kit fitted which was already in it when I bought the car and just yesterday it has started to play up, I will lock the car and all the doors will lock but the passenger side will immediately unlock itself, anyone had anything similar or any suggestions?

• Like 1

Hey,

When you say a road central locking kit fitted...? I assume that's an aftermarket kit, not an OEM right? That will make it a lot harder to diagnose seeing as most of us have OEM kits and know the obvious faults.

I'd say check the connections for the kit itself, check the wiring as such. If you haven't got chance today, you might want to whip the fuse out just until you've had an opportunity to check it out.

I've got the Rclick kit fitted and I had an issue last week where as soon as i'd unlock the car it would lock again. Turns out the push rod connected to the actuator was catching on the doorcard and getting nudged everytime it went to it's 'open' state it was being pushed back down and locking.

It's worth taking the doorcard off and having a look to check the push rods are connected properly and that theres no loose wires etc

It's one of the reasons I don't recommend aftermarket full central locking kits. I just wouldn't trust the rods, connectors etc. At least with OEM central locking, it's all tested and working (usually), so if you add a RCL afterwards, it shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the functionality of the mechanisms.