Tom's Moon Silver Lupo GTI

tomtomwilliams

Hello everyone, my name is Tom and I picked up my 2002 Moon Silver Lupo GTI on Sunday and what a great little car it is, I love it! As far as I am aware it is a completely standard GTI with lots of history/receipts as well as being a low mileage example at 66K. The guy I bought it from was the 3rd owner and for 2 years he only clocked 7K on it. The body work is also in fantastic condition and it really gleams, the only marks being a few (and I mean a few) stone chips at the front. Interior is fab too, the whole car has been well looked after.

This will be my daily now so unfortunately the mileage will rise very quickly but that won't stop me adding my own little touches to it. Before this I owned a MK5 Fiesta Zetec S for 3 years which I loved and modified myself. I then ventured into the world of VTEC and bought a EP3 Type R which, in hindsight was a mistake because it ended up rolling me and friend into a field a few weeks ago....both recovered well though!

Anyway enough about my life story, pictures speak louder than words...

My Lupo and my Dad's Cupra R just after I picked it up:

img2386.JPG
img2387s.JPG
img2398rz.jpg
img2395w.jpg
img2396m.jpg
img2388cs.jpg
So far all I have done is fit my old trusty Pioneer headunit and refresh the front grill with some new red piping I bought from eBay:
img2397dt.jpg
Few traditional plans so far: coilies, spacers etc. The wheels could do with a refurb but they are not that bad, would like them powdercoated in anthracite when I get them done. I quite like the idea of keeping the standard wheels because I'm quite fond of them.
OEM+ (subject to change..)

Comments welcome :-)

• Like 1

Awesome, looks a nice example you have there. i too will be hopefully buying one this weekend... :thumbsup:

Cheers man, it's my first silver car and love how easy it is to maintain!

Oh nice one, I actually picked mine up from Portsmouth last weekend. Week earlier and you might have had this one!

Awesome! I picked up a moon silver on sunday too and my number plate also starts OY02 ^_^ if you want to see what the anthracite wheels look like mine already has it, it's a great combo in my opinion :thumbsup:

Haha what are the odds! First registered in Oxford apparently...I've brought it home!

Yeah would love to see a pic of your car if you have one? :yes:

Looks great! Pretty much exactly how I want mine ha! That wheel colour is spot on with silver imo.

Mine is going in for a new clutch tomorrow because it's slipping like a b*tch!

Will be fitting this tomorrow just to free up the airflow (on the cheap!). I'm not one for induction kits etc and a panel filter made a nice difference to my Fiesta when I had it so we shall see :thumbsup:

elz.jpg

Had a day on the car yesterday and gave it a clean (but then it started raining grr :rant: )

Fitted the K&N too, has made the throttle smoother and just generally feels nicer to drive. Found engine oil in my airbox which was slightly odd but have been told it could be to do with the breather....hopefully it's nothing more serious.

wl20.jpg

I also ordered some AP coilovers today so it will no longer be on stilts! Need to sort out some spacers too. 15mm each side on the rear?

Tom