lupo sport engine problems

Firstly i am not that technically knowledgeable when it comes to engines and the correct workings, but my lupo sport has over the past 2/3 months been slowly deteriorating.

Firstly the car was just lacking power, it did not have anywhere near the same power...counting 22 seconds to get to 60 :thumbdown:

now the car is equally slow, but the the car is idling under 1,000, more like 600, and when at a junction i have to rev so it does not cut out.....currently a student with not alot of cash but willing to get stuck in in anyone has any pointers!!

i did make a few videos of just the sound of the engine so will try and upload those!

hope someone has the answer :)

It could be many things, plugs, leads, coil pack, lambda, MAF etc.

Take it to a garage and get the fault codes read, or do it yourself with VAG COM.

Edited by VR6

hmmm yeah did think i should just take it to a garage but wanted to see if there were a selection of things i could try first that could resolve the problem...its more fun doing it yourself anyway!!

Or ask If anyone is local to you off the forum who has vagcom and might want to help you out !

• 2 weeks later...