What type of factory head unit will fit easily in a 1999 Lupo?

Out of curiosity why? They're all as good as plug and play now.

I think the MFD1 fits, but I can't think of any others.

I currently don't have any head units in the car, because the old owner didn't kept the original radio and he removed the third-party one before selling.

just simply don't like the overall design of the third-party head units, too fancy, i don't know how to say it, but you get the idea.

The RCD units looks better, because the design is the same as the other interior elements.

So you're saying, that MFD1 has the same connectors as the original 1din head unit? But i think this might be an overkill, rcd200 looks much simpler(and also its cheaper), but i read on this forum, that its not that easy to fit, i need different connectors.

RCD200 is CANBUS, so will switch off after something like 59mins as it needs a signal.

There may be a mod.

Bet you copuld pick up a Gamma for less than £50.

1 hour works fine for me, and i guess you just need to press the volume button to turn it on again right?

Also, i found this cheap AUX adapter, i think it should work with RCD-200:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-MP3-Adapter-Navigation-Navi-MFD2-RNS2-AUX-IN-/260699778634?pt=Kabel_Stecker&hash=item3cb2eaee4a

Edited by passatgt

I'm still on the side of aftermarket. You can find black ones that look pretty OEM when flush with the dash, but up to you.