Sump plug washer

Dblock

Hi guys,

Car is a Arosa 1.4 tdi

I did an oil change today. I ordered some sump plug washers which fit the sump plug fine but on the sump plug there was already a washer on it. The washer wouldnt come off. It wasn't a crush washer and it 100% couldnt have been slid off. There also wasn't one on there when I took it off.

So normally does washer slide off or do you normally just replace the sump plug and washer for a new one or do you have a silver washer and a copper crush one?

I'm just hoping it doesn't leak.

Thanks

this is what my sump plug looks like and the washer was way too small to come off.

090-171-001.jpg

it depends, the new sump plugs come with a washer already on (the one pictured) whereas you could snip the ring and pull it off and put a copper washer on, but i've always found its fairly cheap to just get a new sump plug n washer.

New plug and washer is about £1.50 so i've always just done this, it's not a crush washer and the washer itself shouldn't actually have to be replaced unless its foobared but i've always put a new plug in out of habbit