Broken front spring. What can I use?

I've just found a front spring has snapped. My local breakers don't have any Lupos in. There are a few Polos and an Arosa around. The Arosa is probably the best bet so I'm off to check it out tomorrow.

My question is - The current springs have three green and two white dots to identify them. Anyone know what this code designates and what other models would have suitable springs? My Lupo is a '99 1.4E. Do 1 litre cars have the same rate springs? What about 6N Polos? I know dirty diesels and sport/Gti sprints are going to be stiffer.

Anyone in the West Midlands area got any standard springs they want to sell?

I don't know what the dots are but Arosa springs will do the job, they're mechanically the same car. 6n will go but different spring rates.

Don't worry, I would only ever change springs in pairs. I prefer to use genuine VW parts, even if they're used, rather than buy cheap stuff from Euro or GSF though. Anyway, a bit of phoning around my old air-cooled contacts has dug up a pair of NOS front springs for the bargaintastic price of 20 quid. I'll pick them up on Monday. They are labeled as Polo 6N springs but have no part numbers. They do have the same paint-blob code as the old ones so I'm assuming they're the same spring rate unless anyone knows different.