Headunit USB, AUX & MIC

Hiya :)

I'm buying a new headunit tomorrow (Pioneer AVH-4400bt) double din, and it comes with a rear output aux and usb port, and i just wondered where everyone else has ran there rear usb/aux's to, and where's the best place to put them?

And also, where is the best place to but the microphone for the bluetooth feature, as there isn't actually any trim to hide it behind?

Thanks guys :)

I drilled a hole in my tray (above cup holder) then brought my aux cable out the back of that. When im not using it, I just fold it up and place inside the little tray thing

What i did for the USB was run it back from the head unit and along to the right into the hollowed out bit under the steering wheel. Not sure if that makes sense lol? It means you can't see any cables and is easily accessible :)

For the mic i ran it to the centre of the binnacle and drilled a small hole just big enough for it to squeeze through. It means it's in the perfect position for when talking on the phone :)

Wow, talk about some inventive ways (Drill holes here, feed a cable through here). I did a particularly unimpressive way, but easy way. Some might call this lazy. I call it practical and it means I don't have to start cutting up my trim. I had 3 cables to deal with:

• iPod Cable
  • GPS Antenna
  • Line-In Cable

I loosened off the piece of trim that holds the hazard and demister switches below, and routed the cable through to the back. I fed just enough wire that the iPod could sit in the vent cradle. Same for the Line-In. I coiled them both in the sort of little tray that is below so they are easy to grab. For the GPS, I stuck the Antenna onto the left hand side of the dash so it sat quite neatly (And got perfect reception), then fed as much cable back in behind the hazard switches and up behind the head unit, so it was quite a tight but neat finish, the cable had only a little bit of slack. I used blu-tac to stick the Antenna. I was afraid of using sticky pads in case anyone caught the cable with their hand and ripped it out the antenna. I then re-attached the piece of trim, I screwed up to touch tight so the switches were in no danger of falling but the trim wasn't going to cut the cable.

20120808133850.jpg

This is a picture of the Green Machine's dash. As you can see, just below the hazard switch to the right, you can see where I coiled the iPod connector wire. Also, you can see how I fitted the GPS antenna so it's nice and tight and wasn't hanging loosely.

Edited by Skezza