seat advice please

pkr

I've just stripped out the majority of the interior on my mk2 arosa. I'm now left with the standard seats but want them out so I can sell the seats as a whole but when looking for a different set of seats and reading older posts I'm under the impression mk4 golf recaros will go in with slight modification but is this due to the carpet catching or the runners being slightly different because I haven't got any carpet in there now for it to catch on if that's the issue.

Also due to the lack of decent used lupo/arosa front seats available I came across sport seats for you which do a make auto style,I know you usually get what you pay for but is there anyone who have had any experiences with these as for what they are they seem to be quite reasonably priced.

Thanks, Ryan.

Edited by pkr

If you've got no carpet Mk4 seats might go straight in. Well they go straight in anyway, they just won't adjust cos they catch the carpet.

Thanks for that koop. After looking for some recaros they are slightly out of my price range but remembered the seats fitted in the mk4 gttdi as standard are a half decent seat so as I'm in a bit of a rush I think I'll give them a try.

I've got the GTTDI seats in mine, they're lovely. Earlier ones with the big ass bolsters too.

Still on the look out for the mk4 gt tdi ones, just to clarify as I haven't got any carpet in the car the seat belt receiver shouldn't catch so no mods required out will it rub on the runner bracket attached to the car?

Thanks koop. I found some on Ebay last night which accepted returns but made a school boy error and said their actually for An arosa and he came back with, won't fit so you have them you can't return them. I can live with a slide rub on the floor pan for the amount of repositioning I do.

Edited by pkr