Electric Windows Routine Maintenance

Hey Guys,

I remember reading somewhere on here, a member suggested that you really should perform 'Routine Maintenance' on the electric windows every six months or so. What would that entail? Is it a case of spraying the mechanism with WD40? Or is that going to land me with a window full of grease?

When I've had bother with them in the past sticking, I just sprayed some liquid silicone onto the runners and some wd40 for good measure on the mech, once i had taken the door cards off.

When I've had bother with them in the past sticking, I just sprayed some liquid silicone onto the runners and some wd40 for good measure on the mech, once i had taken the door cards off.

So there was no need to remove the entire mechanism or anything too intense?

Nope, the only need to remove the entire mech would be if it's borked. No need to make it harder than it is. Removing the bottom door card allows you to easily squirt the liquid of your choice on.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for bringing up an old topic, but I better sort this issue lol.

Would this do:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_219101_langId_-1_categoryId_165705

What about this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_219033_langId_-1_categoryId_165705

Would the second one be better? You did say silicone grease... Quite important I get this fixed.