Rear Heated Window

Hey,

I noticed today that the bottom 5 strips of my rear heated window don't work. I've checked for cracks or breaks in the element and there are none. Is this just one to take on the chin or can this actually be fixed?

Thanks

If you got one from a scrappy i spose its a gamble that it wont happen again but try not to leave your rear heater on longer than necessary

Why out of curiosity?

Also, are the remaining elements getting hotter? I've noticed that hard ice on the rear windscreen is melting much faster than my old Lupo! Albeit in the places that are working.

Edited by Skezza

you can fix these if you can find the breaks .you need conductive paint. comes in tiny bottles from a good car shop or halfords. put masking tape either side of the line to stop things getting messy

The heating element can "burn"out if left on unnecessarily I was told, was also advised when cleaning the inside back window to go with the elements, not against em if you know what I mean, horizontal not vertical.

Like how you say good car shop OR halfords Geoff :lol:

yes i'm afraid i've been in the trade for too long and have become cynical.. they do have their uses though , they tend to be open when other places are shut, if you have a spare eye to be taken.. or a kidney

Tried repairing it with a kit, but there's no breaks in the element. It's as if they have faded though, perhaps a sticker was harshly removed. Not cool. Oh well, I bought a full tailgate from a scrappy which obviously comes with:

Rear heated window

Third brake light

Central locking unit

Rear wiper

Rear wiper motor + water jet

Plus of course the actual tailgate lol.

£20 ;)

Don't think you can get them much cheaper.

Fancy selling your spare wiper motor ? :thumbsup:

I'll let you know on Saturday :P Mine has started playing up, but I think it's just the water jet, it doesn't spray water, just sort of bubbles out of the top. I'm going strip it, clean it, put it back on, I'm sure it'll be fine, then yep, I'll PM you, let you know :):D

Edited by Skezza