JOM coilover problems!

I'm assuming he's got them wound all the way down and wants them to go lower.

FK/custom/cut rear springs

Take out rear adjusters

Take out front helper springs

Cut bump stops

They might not all be recommended but will get it sitting lower

• Like 1

I'm assuming he's got them wound all the way down and wants them to go lower.

FK/custom/cut rear springs

Take out rear adjusters

Take out front helper springs

Cut bump stops

They might not all be recommended but will get it sitting lower

Exactly as above, everyone gets that issue. JOMs aren't usually an issue on the fronts, depends on wheel size and tyre side wall. Im running 15 inch wheels and 165/50 15 tyres so I can get it to sit quite low and have loads more room to go down on the front, if I go all the way down on the front I would not move as i'd be laying frame. Rears you have to put the rear adjuster in, and possibly cut 1 coil on the rear helper springs to get it sitting right :)

Really? I made the mistake and ran my new JOM's with the fronts wound down to maximum and it was un-driveable.
It had had 5mm clearance between the driveshafts and the chassis. even on a perfectly flat road it bounced like crazy and on un-even surfaces it constantly hit on the driveshafts cutting and groove around them (handling was near dangerous once the bouncing started to oscillate and skip over the surface).

Only did 40 miles on the motorway between Bristol & Cheltenham and had to raise them as soon as I got back home

Backs I can understand as they still sit high with adjusters in, but fronts are useless wound right down.

Really? I made the mistake and ran my new JOM's with the fronts wound down to maximum and it was un-driveable.

It had had 5mm clearance between the driveshafts and the chassis. even on a perfectly flat road it bounced like crazy and on un-even surfaces it constantly hit on the driveshafts cutting and groove around them (handling was near dangerous once the bouncing started to oscillate and skip over the surface).

Only did 40 miles on the motorway between Bristol & Cheltenham and had to raise them as soon as I got back home

Backs I can understand as they still sit high with adjusters in, but fronts are useless wound right down.

Helps if you notch ya chassis haha

Meh, can't be arsed with the ball ache of that lol plus never been too keen on cutting up my car. Anyway, can get the Lupo low enough for me doing 80 miles a day and still turning heads. Just when we first fitted the JOM's we heard people such as above who struggled to get it low enough so dumped it all the way down :D

Meh, can't be arsed with the ball ache of that lol plus never been too keen on cutting up my car. Anyway, can get the Lupo low enough for me doing 80 miles a day and still turning heads. Just when we first fitted the JOM's we heard people such as above who struggled to get it low enough so dumped it all the way down :D

ha id rather just notch it and not have to keep replacing the shafts :P

This will be illegal in couple of years, there's talk a new MOT rule coming in soon that any modifications to the main chassis structure would be a instant fail.

Currently any chassis or monocoque changes require an IVA test to keep VOSA happy as they have the right to remove the registration of the car if its deemed to negatively effect the structural strength.

Notching is already illegal now some EU countries and it won't be long before Brussels interferes with UK rules.

On the beetle and bus forums were notching is common, there's a few having hassles with the new 2012 MOT guidelines and testers enforcing the new rules.

This will be illegal in couple of years, there's talk a new MOT rule coming in soon that any modifications to the main chassis structure would be a instant fail.

Currently any chassis or monocoque changes require an IVA test to keep VOSA happy as they have the right to remove the registration of the car if its deemed to negatively effect the structural strength.

Notching is already illegal now some EU countries and it won't be long before Brussels interferes with UK rules.

On the beetle and bus forums were notching is common, there's a few having hassles with the new 2012 MOT guidelines and testers enforcing the new rules.

Looks like people will be getting a 12month MOT then notching lol

thanks guys probaly try a few things, plus i love the look of camber but just dont have the money to keep it up how do i get rid of it?