remote keyless entry?

dan.ne

I want to add a keyless entry with flip remote to my stock central locking system.
Preferably I’d like to use VW factory parts cannibalized from another car. Yes
there are aftermarket systems out there, but I feel better having genuine VW in
my hand…

I do know that I’ll have to change the blade and the transponder thing to the “new”
fob. But as far for what parts I need, I hope someone here can help me. Any tips
on what model and year (or even parts numbers) I should try to find so it will
be plug and play? I have a 2001 1.4i. My car does have auto closure -if I turn
the locks and hold windows go up/ down. (I wish this also would close my rag
top- Ive got the open air version but that is a different thread)

Sorry if I missed this thread elsewhere, but I did look first...

Cheers from
the land of the Vikings!

He said he wants to use a genuine VW remote locking.

At which point I'm out. It's not 'plug and play', you'll have to rip out your entire convenience module as I imagine they are all coded individually. You will need to get the remote kit from the car, and probably, the convenience module that goes along with that kit, then you will need to somehow butcher it into the Lupo. Not sure how, but it's probably doable. If you have second thoughts, just try one of the aftermarket ones, they aren't all that bad.

Good luck though.

Pretty sure all keyless entry vags run on canbus. Good luck, hence my suggestion.

Ahh, if it runs on Canbus, then you have little hope.

Still, feel free to post your tutorial when if you finish fitting it.

Edited by Skezza

i put the genuine vw convenience pack in and yes it is a nightmare to "butcher in" but it works really well. if you don't want the butchery make sure to get the wiring loom (not the engine bit) from the donor car. it definately is the long way round but it will all work. the only bit that is coded is the alarm section of the box which is do-able with vag com, good luck.

i put the genuine vw convenience pack in and yes it is a nightmare to "butcher in" but it works really well. if you don't want the butchery make sure to get the wiring loom (not the engine bit) from the donor car. it definately is the long way round but it will all work. the only bit that is coded is the alarm section of the box which is do-able with vag com, good luck.

In hindsight would you recommend the VW central locking over an aftermarket central locking? I haven't fitted mine yet, but it seems like the benefit of the aftermarket one is simply the time it takes to fit. I reckon once I got the trim off it would take half an hour to fit and store nicely up behind the fuse box. Did you have to remove the entire center console?

Main thing, does it communicate via VAGCOM? Obviously an aftermarket one is a separate product so really, it's encapsulated from the convenience module of the car and VAGCOM. If you used a proper VW convenience kit, does that mean it now integrates with VAGCOM, or not?

Out of curiosity, what's the part code for the Convenience kit?