6n2 GTI Turbo In A Lupo

Brewsterpros

Evening guys, thought is start a build thread as think I'm gonna end up rebuilding this engine for my car.

Bought a fantasia green lupo with a turbo polo gti engine in it, but the bottom end had gone, I was suspecting big end bearings as it had a full crank up rebuild, but ill investigate it more when I get chance.

The engines only done around 40k so is a low mileage engine, I'm going to rebuild the bottom end, maybe source some g60 rods to cope with the extra power but I'm only planning on running low boost so it may be ok on standards, but we will see.

It's running a ko3 turbo, I need to order a custom turbo oil return pipe as this one is just two pipes with a bit of rubber hose in the middle connecting them.

Here's a few pics of the engine bay.

image_1358032640092119.jpg

image_1358032525211279.jpg

20130121_162647.jpg

20130121_161642.jpg

It had been rolling roaded at 170bhp at the wheels when it was running, so gonna aim for this figure again.

Cheers guys

i like this as you don't seem too ambitious, more realistic; unlike most people who say they are aiming for 700bhp from a 1600 engine ha .. hope it goes well mate :)

Cheers bud, well I think 170bhp in a lupo is more than enough to be fair. Also I don't think the polo gti box would cope with a lot of hammering.

• 1 month later...