1.4 Manifold & Brakes

maxw

Hi,

Got a few questions...

1: I've got a 2004 lupo 1.4 s (non sport) and was looking to maybe get this manifold on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200883645168

however I know there were a few different engines in the 1.4 lupo, theres a picture of my engine below, does anyone know if the manifold will fit?

Photo of Engine:

img1472m.jpg

Also I need to change my brake discs, but not the pads, will i need to re-wind the caliper in or anything like that? or can i just take the caliper off over the disc, fit new discs then put it back on with no problems?

Thanks,

Max

Don't know bout the mani but would say change the pads if you're gonna change the disks.

the pads look almost brand new but the discs are well gone, so is there any major reason to change the pads if they have a lot of life in them? cheers

the pads look almost brand new but the discs are well gone, so is there any major reason to change the pads if they have a lot of life in them? cheers

I would say renew them both so they bed in together, your old "new" ones would not necessarily sit fully flush on all surfaces with new disks.

Just good common practice really, especially if your old disks were scored.

Edited by GTIChris
  • Like 1