Retrofitting Items

i know how easy it is to fit an aftermarket central locking.

but i have a 1.0e and im now wanting electric mirrors and windows and just wondering how easy is electric windows??

and then if i was to get a full electric mirrior loom and mirrors how would i go about wiring them in? thanks

With the windows there was a thread where sophied wrote quite a nice run through of what needs done.

EDIT: by sophied i mean geoffd

i tried to seach but on the blackberry and the mobile site confuses me :P could i be cheaky and ask for a link?

In all honesty, I wouldn't retrofit Electric Windows. They're the only one that if they go horribly wrong, you truly are ****ed. In more than one scenario. I remember looking at a second hand car with retrofitted windows.

Firstly, the interior had big ugly holes where the old winders were, and there was no way it seemed to patch them apart from sewing some cloth over the top. The mechanism was quickly wearing out on one of the doors so it was incredibly slow rolling down and even slower rolling up, and sometimes didn't even make it all the way back up. An awkward moment when it only made it 3 quarters of the way up and the guy tried to fiddle it up using a combination of the switch and his flailing palm.

Manual windows aren't all that bad dude. They always work in the freezing weather, unlike electric ;)

Beg to differ mate. I ripped the winder spinny handle thing off my se when the window froze up :/

Wow really? They must have been frozen solid ? Like proper rock hard ?

Haha yeah man. To be fair though i thought the exact same as you and thought that they wouldn't have properly frozen shut so i kept pushing the winder further and further. How wrong I was lol.

Wow. I've always fancied central locking as a retro fit but never been to bothered about electric windows because of how good my window winders do in the cold. That said, I think i'll be a little softer on them from now on :thumbsup: