Another 2 cv joints

Okay so now only a few weeks after my previous post I've put another 2 inner cv joints on the car, beginning to think the shaft maybe the wrong one as there seems to be excessive lateral play on the drivers side and virtually none on the passengers side which has been fine, I'm thinking that the drivers shaft maybe too short which is causing the inner joint to have a very short connection with the shaft making it easier to pop out. This theory sound plausible ? Also are any other lupo or polo shafts the same as the gti ones and can someone provide me with lengths.

They aren't genuine joints but even then they shouldn't all have broke as quick as this ? I think I'm just going to order a full new shaft complete with joints, however I was thinking if it's the wrong shaft that's on the car then if I convert the ball joints to standard lupo ball joints and bring the track in a bit it might take up the play, does that sound reasonable to anyone ?

You definitely can't fit 'non-gti' ball joints to a gti. They make the wheels toe in by a ridiculous amount, and even with the track rod adjusted fully, you can't pull them back in-line. A complete shaft could be a means to an end.

Logically, there is nothing that can break a CV joint like that, other than something trying to pull it apart, which, as you say, could be due to either an incorrect inner CV, shaft or outer CV.

Does it all go together easily when you fit it? I guess you wouldn't really know whether the CV joint is pulling itself off the shaft when you do the hub nut up, as the gaitor would hide any movement.

Maybe try fitting it all, but with no grease and no boot, just so you can visibly see what happens...

Edited by Cooper_GTI

Sounds like wrong cv joints mate, if you went to gsf or euro car parts for them they always give you wrong parts, sometimes best to take the part with you. I haven't got a gti but are they the same on each side?