Imobiliser woes...

Hi, first post so hello :wave:

Bought a Lupo a few months ago but just recently, its started failing to start. Seems totally random rather than anything specific I'm doing wrong but i'm pretty certain it's down to the imobiliser.

Basically, the engine will turn over, just not fire. Doesn't even try. Usually, I just take the key out, put it back in, wait for the dash lights to go off and it starts perfectly. Drives perfectly all the time too. Just this random starting issue.

Today, I drove about 10 miles, parked up and sat in the car. Turned the engine off (cant remember if I removed the key or not). 10 mins later, went to start the car and as I expected, it just turned over. Took the key out, back in, tried again... Just turned over :rant: .... tried this a few times and eventually got out, locked the doors, unlocked and tried again. Fired perfect. :clap:

Bit worried this is going to get worse and worse and end up being permanent... Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions of what I should look at?

Cheers

Ah right ok, well when I get this issue, it doesn't start and cut off. Just turns over with no sign of firing. Just the starter spinning the engine. Assumed it was immobiliser because taking the key out and putting it back in has been solving the problem. Also, the fact that the car runs perfectly when it starts has pointed me in that direction.

I take it the standard immobiliser just cuts the fuel pump then rather than cutting the ignition? Must listen out to see if the pump primes next time it wont start.

What else could I be looking at?

Edited by mysterylemon