Silver Lupo 1.4 S

maxw

Hi, welcome to the blog of my Lupo!

I bought this little Lupo after having a lot of cars this year so thought I'd get a little run around.

Got the 1.4 S with 40k on the clock in very good condition apart from its now got a big dint in the front wing.

Not got many pictures at all at the moment though.

It came on standard steelies, so I got some 14" polo sport alloys and put them on as temporary wheels

Heres the pictures I have of it:

img10871.jpg

While putting some spax springs on it:

img1081xfv.jpg

I've just bought some new wheels off german ebay! bit of a spur of the moment thin, because I made a cheeky offer and it was accepted!

Here's a picture of them:

44371aaa64ce79f43d6b4809b406cbe37.jpg

They're 15 x 6j et38 and 4x100 obviously. I think they look really nice and simple so hopefully they'll look good on!

Has anyone got any advice on what size tyres to put on them? to go with the slightly (not too low) suspension

Hope you like it, much more to come!

Edited by maxw
  • Like 1

I like the wheels mate, and regards tyres go for Bridgestone 165/50R15.

Joe

Cheers, I'd like to go lower but I have to drive down a farm track to get to my house & it's scraping as it is!

Going to space out the wheels, especially the rears I think

Will 165/50 be low profile enough?

Hi Max - just joined Club Lupo as have had a 1.4 S Lupo in bright red. Taxing it on Saturday & hope to be driving it in a couple of weeks as just had my appendix out!

It's a 2000 on an X & only has 13 inch steels with trims.

Have you sold the Polo wheels - or are they for sale. If so how much would you be looking for.

Many Thanks

Pam

Ah those 165/50's look good, not too expensive either! Think I'll order a some of those then.

EDIT: would a 185/45/15 look good or not? As I don't want much stretch because my car isn't slammed!

Edited by maxw

No point in stretch if it ain't slammed tbh. 185/45/15s would be fine but I think only Nankang do them & some people moan about the grip - mate with a 6n has them though & he thinks they're great as he's only had budgets before. 195/45s would probably be fine if you're only on springs but as said you do have the option for mega lows if you've already got the 165/50s on.

Mine aren't too stretched, you know you'll end up lowering it so you might as well leave yourself with the option to do it :)

it's lowered about 40/50mm but I can't go any lower cause I won't be able to get home! haha I live down a track with a raised middle bit which has grass on it and it's scraping as it is.

I think I'll got for 185/45/15 if I can find some reasonably priced!

Would rather have bridgestones than nankang though

Potenzas are great tyres and its really not stretch, they look just like oem tyres on Mercedes etc, just a slight stretch.

Thinking maybe I might put 185/45/15 on the rear and 165/50/15s on the front? Make it look slightly wider at the back? Especially with spacers on the rear.

What do people think of that?

That was how I ended up with what I've got now needed tyres cheap & quick lol 165/50s all round next year, more lows on the rear :thumbsup:

The wheels arrived today, all the way from Germany in two days!! AndI've decided to go for 195/45/15, just keep it simple & because it's never going to be any lower than it is (scraping a looooooad already getting to my house) they should be alright. Gone for some Uniroyal Rainsport 2 on the front and almost brand new part worn budget on the back. So the tyres should be fitted tomorrow morning all being well & then I'll get the wheels on asap.

After that its just spacers & HIDs for now I think! Then maybe a cheeky surprise engine wise.. we shall see!