Polo gti conversion 1.0lupo

mccrindle

Evening all,

Going to go ahead with dropping a Polo GTI lump into my 1.0 loop. i want to start building up a collection of parts ready to crack on with it in the new year sometime.

So from what I understand i need the following

Engine (obviously)

Keys,ecu,looms

1.4, sport gearbox

sport or GTI rear beam etc.

Will the front beam need upgrading to one off of a gti/sport/1.4 or could i just upgrade the discs etc?

I understand that one of the engine mounts has to be changed. is this the passenger side one and if so do i need a specific polo gti mount or will a standard polo one suffice.?

Also, what is the situation regarding pedal boxes?

I'm sure i've missed a few things off here but if anyone could help it would be appreciated.

all in all i'm just after what parts i need and what type is best suited basically.

cheers

jacob

honestly your best bet is to buy a gn2 gti. you can get one road leagal with t and t for easy £1000 then you have everthing you need!

except a rear beam which you will need from either a 1.4tdi GTI or a sport, then as far as i know the whole front subframe of the polo can be swapped over to your car,but yes you will need to weld a new engine mount. clutch linkage is the same but you will need to polo accelerator peddle

to do it properly i'd say you need at least £1200

Cheers mate, I see you asked about this a while back. Did you go through with it in the end? If so how did you find it?

• Like 1

Yeah I've got the how to thread saved to bookmarks.

Just after a bit more detail on bits needed really, can't see the swap being that hard either as I'm a hgv mechanic.

Car has power steering so won't need to swap subframe

You need:

Engine

Gearbox

engine loom

interior loom

ECU

radiator

fuel pump

front hubs/carriers/calipers/discs

Then you will need to sort your engine mount and ignition key, and also the rear breaks

No i never did the converstion ,did'nt want to put money into a car that i wasnt planning on keeping a while. But if i was going to do it i would just buy a polo 6n2 gti and swap everthing over.

I think you can swap ignition barrel as wel so you don't need a recoded key, you will just need two

• Like 1