1.0, few questions?

MitchCouzens34

Because i'm thinking of getting a 1.0 petrol Lupo, I hope some of you can answer some realistic questions :)

1) I'll be doing quite a bit of motorway driving, so does a 1.0 cruise at 70/80, does it do it easy, or is it just uncomfortable for the car? Are they being pushed at 80?

2) What's the top speed?

3) And for city driving, what's the average MPG?

Hope you'll be able to help me guys, as i'm still the new kid, haha

Mitch,

When i had my last car i always thought sitting at 70 was a nightmare cos it was so loud in the car. I put loads of sound deadening in though and it quietened it right up so the issue of it being loud isn't really a big one imo.

94mph is the top speed.

I think i averaged high 30's/ low 40's.

Mine will cruise at 80 no probs, had 105 on the clocks (on a flat may I add!). If you're worried about loudness at speed, don't modify your exhaust. It doesn't bother me but mine gets loud at 80 :)

Because i'm thinking of getting a 1.0 petrol Lupo, I hope some of you can answer some realistic questions :)

1) I'll be doing quite a bit of motorway driving, so does a 1.0 cruise at 70/80, does it do it easy, or is it just uncomfortable for the car? Are they being pushed at 80?

2) What's the top speed?

3) And for city driving, what's the average MPG?

Hope you'll be able to help me guys, as i'm still the new kid, haha

Mitch,

i go on the motorway 2 times a day, i do 2/3 junction depending on traffic at the junctions and i never drop below 70 tbf, and this morning i got 107mph going past j26 of the m1, it gets noisy but not loud, just turn the stereo up and its okay, its not hard on the car im often the person in the outside lane doing all overtaking so it doesnt struggle, i average 42/43 mpg :) and i do a mix of motorway, town and country road

Mine will cruise at 80 no probs, had 105 on the clocks (on a flat may I add!). If you're worried about loudness at speed, don't modify your exhaust. It doesn't bother me but mine gets loud at 80 :)

i go on the motorway 2 times a day, i do 2/3 junction depending on traffic at the junctions and i never drop below 70 tbf, and this morning i got 107mph going past j26 of the m1, it gets noisy but not loud, just turn the stereo up and its okay, its not hard on the car im often the person in the outside lane doing all overtaking so it doesnt struggle, i average 42/43 mpg :) and i do a mix of motorway, town and country road

do you guys have your Lupos modified at all?

Was manageable, the advantage of just swapping out the backbox for a pipe is you get abit of volume, a nicer note and no chavvy sound. Works really nice with the car and not too bad :)

As far as the induction kit, the BMC itself cost around 100 and the piping itself another 100. Wanted to do it properly, fits perfect around the brake fluid bottle, sits the BMC behind the headlight. All 3 airbox breathers plumbed in too :)

Yeah no problem mate. I bought the BMC off eBay. Then measured up all the piping and bought it from ebay :) if you want details of everything I can get you them :) don't mind sharing my knowledge ha, took me ages to measure it all up so may aswell put it to good use :P

• Like 1

cheeers for the offer man, might take you up on it soon. not right away though, need to gather the money. can you get them at any time? where are you based? whats the deal with it?

I can't do much right now, need to get my head round it all first :)

Mine is an absolute bog standard Lupo, and on a very good run as in between 50Mph - 60Mph flat A road mostly, I can sometimes average just over 40 mpg. My record is about 45 MPG but obviously it's not completely fool proof. If you are looking for the best MPG, I personally wouldn't recommend fitting an induction kit or new exhaust, just my opinion. I know plenty who feel that a new exhaust hasn't harmed their MPG at all.

Have to agree with Pete, 1.0 Lupo is very loud for a small car and trust me, the faster you go, the louder it gets. However, a decent aftermarket radio with the stock speakers is usually enough for me, although you'll find it blowing your head off when you start the engine next time lol! I've never done any sound deadening work, but I've always considered padding up the doors as I'm fairly sure most of my noise is leaking in through there.

I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable driving at 70-80. I've had it at 90-95 and it's definitely more comfortable than a 106 or Corsa. Don't get me wrong, they scream at 80, but I wouldn't say I've ever been worried driving at that speed. My previous car used to scream at 80 and it never felt right. Was quite unpleasant to drive and I was always scared that the engine would blow up to be honest lol.