Dave's Yellow 1.0 (Bee) Lupo

Maverick22

Finally got the replacement Wing for the front passanger side after many months of hunting around picked up this bargain for £30

BB182B7B-6D34-43CD-A225-396ABE5593FF-421-0000001EAC5457F9_zpsf659700b.jpg

old wing

car13_zpsaadfdfc2.jpg

Saw this!! Trafford centre! thought it would be appreciated here (£800 to buy)

car10_zps2bb6538d.jpg

Been offered these 14inch wire spokes.. thoughts?

615E03E1-0DC0-4AEE-AC60-13EF4D879EB4-421-0000001F30D0B743_zpse74e0cae.jpg

i was a little bored one day so borrowed some Laminex an thought i would have a play

car12_zpsef681a50.jpg

Edited by Maverick22

How my car currently sits

F29945B0-4FB0-415E-806E-4E9129141E0D-421-0000001E83A0BD09_zps1f283e68.jpg

I have winter tyres on the fronts and rears which are 185/55/15's. The right hand wheel arch rubs horrendously when i make left turns so i may either raise the car or seek the arch to be rolled.

also the rear makes a knocking noise going over large potholes or bumps and the like... im ignoring it for now and assuming its just standard or should i be concerned?

Thanks for all the comments peeps

Might just be catching the arch but I'd check the mounts are tightened up properly. Love the wire spokes :yes:

Might just be catching the arch but I'd check the mounts are tightened up properly. Love the wire spokes :yes:

I will have to take a proper look later and see what i can do, i may have to raise by 10mm as i got a bottle stuck between my wheel and arch!

it came out of nowhere.. made a horrible noise as i drove, stopped and put it into reverse and was even worse - couldnt even get a pinky in there to grab it

#sadtimes

Also i have had a look around and they retail at like £1000 for 72 spokes but they are my friends mothers (proper classy lady huh) so hopefully will get a good deal

If you can get them cheapcheap I'll have them off you in a year or so when you get bored of them :lol:

If you can get them cheapcheap I'll have them off you in a year or so when you get bored of them :lol:

Bahaha! well good Sir i believe you have called first dibs so if i get them and if i get bored i will offer you first refusal :D

how long did it take you to fit the coillies mate?

how long did it take you to fit the coillies mate?

i started at 11am on a sunday but ran into trouble with the first bolt which took about an hour to get off... WD 40 was the hero of the day. once that was off the rear took maybe around 4 hours to do, bearing in mind i had to do it myself till my mate came and helped take the spring out of the rear right. i would say the rear took around 4 hours and the front was about 3 hours including adjusting the height.

The guide is really helpful on the how to page however if your gonna do it yourself invest in a 21mm swan neck spanner.. saved my bacon

nice to see progress :D

think im going to have to put loopy on coillies as 3 of my friends want to be lower than me

and i cant be having there shiny french turds louder and lower than my little shed

doing interior in jan as well :D