More issues.

Okay, went to leave college today and ....

Zudd Zud... Zud .....zu

The car diddent start! Battery wasn't compleatly dead but wasn't enough to turn over. It's been struggling to start again inteittently for a while.

I am looking towards battery but I think my starter motors a bit tired I think, and my alternators not the greatest(13.5v at idle)... Never really experienced a dead starter unless it won't do anything, what do you guys think? I'm doing diagnostics this year at college so if I am allowed il find out then, but might not be able too.

I could well have something taking power whilst the ignition is off, I have no amps or anything mind...

wouldnt have thought starter motor as mines 13 years old and for every owner its been a daily. if you get it started and its still running fine but then wont start next day or whatever, then your alternator is fine and its just a tired old battery.

Had this same issue a few months ago, new battery sorted it out :)

Hmm. Well if it was your alternator, then it wouldnt be charging the battery at all so it would konk out while driving wouldnt it?

Either get it and the starter motor checked or buy new ones and then your defo sorted haha

I think your alternator is not ok. Charge voltage must be over 14v (between 14 and 14.5).

Also check fuses above the battery (see picture)

Relating to battery, on the negative terminal is usually marked the production date: a group of two digits indicate the week, and another group of two digits indicate the year (my battery is from 2002).

fuse11.jpg

I Could see those fuses when I was Jump starting the thing. il check the rest of them tommorow, the strip ones were good, didn't check others..

I know its not optimum voltage but it was better than the 12.5v it was putting out before I changed aux belt.

according to the guy at halfords my 3 phase Alternating current was weak.

soo, new Diode pack me thinks.

Connections were a bit green with corrosion so gave them a rub with wire woll, il see how it goes!

Connections were a bit green with corrosion so gave them a rub with wire woll, il see how it goes!