Can electric windows & central locking be fitted?

Just wondering if it is possible to fit electric windows and central locking to a Lupo model SE that doesn't have them. If so, how much of a challenge would this be and would it require the loom from the previous vehicle?

Cheers,

Bradley.

• 3 weeks later...

i've just done this one, i took the convenience box from a 1.4 seat arosa sport and all the wiring and the plugs and the window mechanisms etc and no, the wiring is not just sitting there waiting for you. i'm a qualified engineer and i wont be doing this for anyone else! what a pain, stick with your windy windows, they wont let you down. my daughter's windows / locking work though,, but for how long? geoff

• Like 1

central locking seems to be straight forward according to a lot of people but ive not found a guide on the internet to suggest that. i doubt the wiring loom is already there so you'll need splice a cable off a perm live and a cable from earth.

ha! i fitted the genuine vw control box though, there are wires going all over the place, i would assume that the aftermarket kits are simple by comparison. but i now have one touch sensitive windows and central locking, emergency locking etc. let me say that everything looks easy till your car is in a million pieces and youre wondering where tf these wires go. best of luck anyway