Merc E200 Cleaning

MrSloanes

Okay so i got my dads merc today to give it a good going over. The car was in worse condition than i thought. This is how i got it.

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

So first i gave the car a good wash with some megs shampoo and a lambswhool washmit. I clay barred the full car (forgot to take any pics of it but i have never seen so much contaminants on a car before! Then i went to work on the very badly corroded wheels.

With the condition of the wheels the most i could really do was give them a clean and dress them.

The worst wheel:

IMG_4550.jpg

The best wheel:

IMG_4551.jpg

So i then used Meguire's Ultimate Compound on the full car with the machine polisher, it brought it up pretty nice, unfortunately due to write ups saying merc's have rather soft paint and the numerous resprays its had due to someone nitro morse'ing the car twice i didnt dare use anything stronger than the ultimate compound as i didnt want to remove any paint so a lot of the swirls had to be left.

Once i finished that i gave it a wipe down with some Meguire's Paint Cleanser which helps get rid of the resedue of the compound and also masks a fair amount of swirls etc.

After Compound:

IMG_4555.jpg

After Cleanser:

IMG_4556.jpg

Then it was on to polishing which was the Meguire's stage 2 polish with the machine polisher again. Then the Stage 3 carnuba wax by hand (x2 layers a hour apart)

After:

IMG_4557.jpg

Then went on to dress tyres etc and clean up the chrome trim and grill.

Finished car:

IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

Very pleased with the result, if i had a paint thickness gauge i probably could have got a better result working through a few different compounds but i didnt so this had to do.

And a couple of cheeky shots of mine which for the first time since i got her didnt get cleaned on her usual cleaning day (Sunday)

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

Cheers for reading.

Wow, stunning. I wish I had the time to clean as thorough as this! Fancy a trip to Cornwall to do my Bora? Loving the Skoda as well mate, so cool.

Very nice. The sort of look I was after on mine but it's kind of been forced into daily driving, family hack work and is feeling pretty neglected!