helper springs?

going to have to remove the helper spring on my coilover..

long story short

two front coilovers were replaced for ones off my brothers arosa

wound right down an is miles higher than my old coilovers were which werent fully wound down had 25mm left.

so this obviously isnt low enough

does removing the helper springs reduce the lifespan of my coilovers?

my way of seeing it is that because the spring is being removed it will have to be wound basically to the top so it bolts back to the top hat bolt

cheers

some coilies dont have helper springs on, so can't see it doing alot of damage (unless you're gonna cover like 1000000000000000000 miles on them) Then i'm sure they'll be fine!

yeah can't see why not mate!

and let them close it, you got the answer :)

the job of helpers is to keep your spring seated, if you take it out then there is a change that when you hit a bump and the damper expands, the spring will come out of place and not fall back in the right place.

saying all that, mine are out to allow for extra lowering :thumbsup:

No problems at all. And about 8months? It will fail MOT though as when the car is lifted the springs will come loose.

ah good! and yea mot wont be passed first time as it took 3 attempts last time :/ aha!

cheers

or just get a "special" MOT ;)

• Like 1

my old mk2 passed with no problem with no helper springs. the only thing they said was it has to be a advisary because the spring can move when jacked up. and this wasnt a special mot it was with a vw specialst :)

my old mk2 passed with no problem with no helper springs. the only thing they said was it has to be a advisary because the spring can move when jacked up. and this wasnt a special mot it was with a vw specialst :)

sounds promisinggg and where i get my mot done they are fairly understanding aha well atleast i hope!