Temp guage not working

David

The temp guage has never worked on the Lupo. I have changed the coolant temp sensor and this has made no difference. What else could it be? Would it be a fault with the clocks?

Cheers, Dave

I had this. I bought my Lupo a few years ago. The temperature gauge NEVER worked once, it always stayed at 0.

I know very little about cars but I took it into my local garage and he explained that the sensor gave off 2 readings and the one to my dashboard was broken but the one to my actual engine was fine which is why he was able to pass it on MOT. He did say it was worth fitting a new sensor though.

Cost me £15 took under an hour to fit, works great now. Reads 100 at normal operating temperature.

Edited by Skezza

I had this. I bought my Lupo a few years ago. The temperature gauge NEVER worked once, it always stayed at 0.

I know very little about cars but I took it into my local garage and he explained that the sensor gave off 2 readings and the one to my dashboard was broken but the one to my actual engine was fine which is why he was able to pass it on MOT. He did say it was worth fitting a new sensor though.

Cost me £15 took under an hour to fit, works great now. Reads 100 at normal operating temperature.

Don't suppose you know what the sensor is called? And how you changed it?

Cheers, Dave